Contract Hire & Civic 1.6 diesel

Flex

Anyone had contract hire and want to give any feedback i.e. do they really scour the car for defects at the end of the contract etc and try to charge you?

Also anyone got a new Civic diesel? And how do you rate it?

Looking at a contract 2 yrs, £185 per month. Seems promising, no unexpected bills etc and just hand it back when done. What you pay for it, you'd probably lose almost the equivalent in depreciation and garage bills etc.

I have such a beast as my daily drive. Have mine on 3 year lease 15K mileage per year £229 per month VAT inc

Very decent car to drive - Car tells me I am getting 62 mpg but Dashboard says about 55mpg

Its surprisingly quick when it needs to be.

I am of the same school prefer to lease for 3 years then hand back mainly as likely to be overseas next job and also depreciation bites

Good spec although no BT on my option - I went through Lings Cars ( Crazy Chinese Lady) Mad as a badger but did a good rate and worth checking out if you haven't already

Very pleased with the car - not sure about returns but I didn't pay a holding deposit so if there ever was a dispute on return they certainly cannot take the cash and presume you would go through arbitration if it got that ugly.

• Like 2

The mileage is the killer - I did a calculation based on working days minus leave minus Zed days plus a few thousand over the contract period for other trips and 15K per year should about do it

On my contract servicing is not included and the cars not subject to road tax

The mileage is the killer - I did a calculation based on working days minus leave minus Zed days plus a few thousand over the contract period for other trips and 15K per year should about do it

On my contract servicing is not included and the cars not subject to road tax

Do you have to take it to a stealer for servicing?

Yeah I saw no VED, bonus!!

Worked with lots of Contract Hire Co's over the years and some will absolutely rip the arse out of your wallet when the vehicle is returned, read the small print, ask to see the contract in writing and actually bother to read it.

• Like 1

OMG Mudman, you met Ling :scare: What a character eh? Does she still have that enormous rocket launcher thingy?

What the actual hell?

Look on her website Flex and see how crazy she actually is. I'm pretty sure that Mr TwoBears said the rocket thingy had gone now but it was still on her website a few months back.

• Like 1

Worked with lots of Contract Hire Co's over the years and some will absolutely rip the arse out of your wallet when the vehicle is returned, read the small print, ask to see the contract in writing and actually bother to read it.

Cheers Gman!

OMG Mudman, you met Ling :scare: What a character eh? Does she still have that enormous rocket launcher thingy?

What the actual hell?

Look on her website Flex and see how crazy she actually is. I'm pretty sure that Mr TwoBears said the rocket thingy had gone now but it was still on her website a few months back.

That website is bizarre!!
  • Like 1

What the actual hell?

That website is bizarre!!

Yup but all in the best possible taste, no :scare::lol: :lol:

I've just got rid of my 1.6 13 plate civic diesel and have to say it was a great car....very good all rounder :) and did 11k troublefree miles

The interior can feel somewhat dated and I found the following to be slightly irritating;

-you can hear the fuel slopping around due to the tank being centrally located

-poor visibility out of rear window (this is however offset against a decent reversing camera)

-gearbox didn't feel the smoothest

-interior marked easily

All minor niggles, have just replaced it with the a 2014 1.8sr civic tourer :)

post-13018-141478907875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1