lower sound levels after fitting double din

Dean.B

Hiya ive had a look and remember seeing something about this before but cant find it now.

since fitting my pioneer head unit the sound is quiter, if I put it up to 40 its maxium its a good volume but at that level it should be blasting out.

I remember seeing something about cutting off the audio ends into the headunit and soldering them onto the loom from the stereo.

Is there a full guide on how to do this, bit worried about cutting wires and stuff as it is working fine its just the sound level.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been covered already...

Ive just read through the Buster Mod twice and I'm being proper blonde..

Once you've cut / stripped the RCA cables (red/white/black/yellow) to bare wire, how do you go about attaching them to the female ports in the back of the HU..? Has anyone got a picture of the back of their HU after the mod has been completed and all wires are connected?

:bangin:

Sorry if this has been covered already...

Ive just read through the Buster Mod twice and I'm being proper blonde..

Once you've cut / stripped the RCA cables (red/white/black/yellow) to bare wire, how do you go about attaching them to the female ports in the back of the HU..? Has anyone got a picture of the back of their HU after the mod has been completed and all wires are connected?

:bangin:

They do not go into the female ports on the headunit, instead they are connected and soldered directly into the stereo wiring loom =]

From what I have worked out by it anyways Haha

Edited by Dean.B

simple.....once you have cut and stripped the rca leads.....red white yellow black plug ends your should be left 8 wires.....the harness plug from the back of the stereo with the green/green and black...purple/purple and black white/white and black grey/grey and black wiring is the one you need to solder the ends of the rca leads to...ie green to green, bare wire to green and black and so on..

if your really stuck i ll be happy to sort it ;)

imagejpg1_zps4a6a206e.jpg

Just to make sure before I cut them haha. Do I cut and join the wires from the headunit plug end or do I cut and join them into the box section. Because I don't have a plug that goes into the other side of the box hope this makes sense sorry for being dumb just wana make sure