Take me to your leader!

arken78

Will possibly be one of you lovely bunch tomorrow but I've got a quick question first.

I've got a sneaky feeling that I might be buying a non-GT Z that's been retrofitted with GT stuff. Basically cruise control is up the swanky and the owner said its been since he fitted a new stereo. Is this possible? He reckons Halfords didn't have a specific adapter when they fitted it but is there somewhere I can look to see if the CC gumpf is even there?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick replies and welcomes! Annoyingly 'swanky' was meant to say swanee but we all know how amazing auto-correct is right! Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Here's the link: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409217585992/sort/atcustom/radius/70/quicksearch/true/page/1/usedcars/make/nissan/model/350_z/postcode/ss166tj/onesearchad/used?logcode=p

The heated seats do indeed work but the whole interior looks quite worn for the mileage, I.e. Has it been salvaged from a high mileage write-off perhaps? All switches are present and correct on the wheel, just the CC doesn't work...

Doesn't look to bad.

Definitely seems to have everything a GT should have and if it's a definite UK car (not an import) I'd say it's genuine.

If it's a private seller try to ascertain what fuel he's been using in it & for how long as it should only be run on Super Unleaded ~ can cause engine problems if run for any great length of time on standard Unleaded fuel. More info here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

Service schedule here (this can help with seeing the service history & checking for things that should have been done depending on mileage/year): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

• Like 1

It looks and drives lovely, nice quiet engine with a good strong pull. The HPI showed up a colour change but it's been done well if that's the case. The only worry is the interior and cruise control issue for me. Have you guys changed your stereos and lost CC/found a way around?

This guy's only had it for a year but I'll try to coax his fuel preferences out of him.

My head unit had already been changed from the Bose to an aftermarket double din when I bought the car ~ that head unit broke so I've replaced it with a better aftermarket double din (Pioneer).

Tbh I've never used my cruise control so no idea if it works or not. :shrug: Light's up when I press the button to turn it on though. :lol:

All my steering wheel controls for volume up/down etc work though as it has the correct wiring harness which is the key part to keeping all the controls working with an aftermarket head unit but either way that shouldn't effect the cruise control imo. ;)

Weirdly, cruise is working. It's the radio buttons on the wheel that aren't, which doesn't worry me. I'd imagine the Halfords guy's to blame there. Everything tallies up otherwise. Had a brilliant drive home and I'm loving being a Z-raver. I'll get a pic on soon. Thanks again for all your input gang!

• Like 2

Weirdly, cruise is working. It's the radio buttons on the wheel that aren't, which doesn't worry me. I'd imagine the Halfords guy's to blame there. Everything tallies up otherwise. Had a brilliant drive home and I'm loving being a Z-raver. I'll get a pic on soon. Thanks again for all your input gang!

You just need the correct wiring harness to make the steering wheel controls work with your head unit. ;)

Glad you are enjoying your Zed. :thumbs: