350Z Sills

J4CKO

When I got my 350Z it was apparent that the previous owner was not that careful, the passenger side sill has a big dent in it so, my questions are, are they easy to come by, preferably in body colour (Grey), are the convertible ones the same as the coupe and are they east to remove ?

Kick plates come in 2 forms plain black with a silver Z or as an optional extra they came in black with an aluminium strip.

Steve from redline styling can get the aluminium ones

http://www.350z-uk.c...um-kick-plates/

I'm sure Zmanalex or Clark Motorsport will be able to get the stock black ones. If you want them the same colour as your car then you'll need to spray, wrap or dip them.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Sill covers/side skirts for the Coupe are the same as Roadster and very easy to remove and fit.

Pre owned in stock and good to go same/next day, however not sure if I have grey in stock.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

Randy I think he may be referring to the side skirts. :dry:

If I'm right J4CKO then removing the side skirts is very easy. Bolts underneath (x6 10mm I think from memory), few trim type clips at either end (pop rivets) and just pulls off away from the vehicle.

Just found a how to although the pictures have gone it should still help ~ Post n#3: http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=4173

PM zmanalex for good used side skirts or failing that Clark Motorsport maybe. ;)

If I'm wrong and it is the kick plates as Randy mentioned above his suggestions are what you want.

To remove them that's easy too: pull up from the rear the plastic trim that runs from rear to front on top of the door seal (just clips in), with that removed lift up out of the way the rubber seal then at the rear of the kick plate there is a plastic pop rivet holding the kick plate on. Gently pull that outwards and start lifting up the kick plate from the rear ~ all just held in place by clips from what I recall.

• Like 1

I took it he meant the side skirt not the kick plate, door entry guard ^^^^

Me too ~ mainly because of the term "dent" as you'd be hard pressed to dent the kick plates. More likely to scratch, scrape, chip or possibly crack one if you where really heavy footed. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Need a grey passenger side one if anyone has one going spare at a decent price.

If you buy one second hand the likely hood is that it will be marked & you may want to get it resprayed or have to for a paint match.

Personally I'd get it off Alex and then just get a body shop to spray it for you or do it yourself if you can.

I'd imagine at most it would cost you £50-£60 to have two side skirts sprayed (including prep) so that they will match each other.

Sill covers/side skirts for the Coupe are the same as Roadster and very easy to remove and fit.

Pre owned in stock and good to go same/next day, however not sure if I have grey in stock.

Alex. :)