New Z owner

I don't feel that the acceleration is very smooth between idle and 2-2500 rpm. After that it flies. If I am driving at low rpm (1500) in a low gear I feel that the car has "hick-ups" :) Also the rpm at idle is not very stable. It stays between 750 and 900 rpm but if you look at the needle it looks like its twitchimg a bit. Maybe I am crazy amd this is how the car is supposed to be. :wacko:

Ah yes, is it also normal for the sound of the car to be like a plane taking off at high rpm 5-7000?

It could need the throttle body or maf cleaning, folowed by the pedal dance BUT I would leave it a while until you get used to driving the car rather than diving in :thumbs:

does the service history show a plug change ?

Welcome along,

zeds have a few issues as all cars do but having said that I've owned mine over four years and it's never missed a beat :)

touch wood :lol:

I had my 350 3yrs and my 370 a year and i find them reliable .. best car I have ever had was a celica, bought with 18k on the clock and sold with 138k, original clutch, battery, alternator, exhaust etc only changed consumables and tyres :thumbs:

• Like 1

I don't feel that the acceleration is very smooth between idle and 2-2500 rpm. After that it flies. If I am driving at low rpm (1500) in a low gear I feel that the car has "hick-ups" :) Also the rpm at idle is not very stable. It stays between 750 and 900 rpm but if you look at the needle it looks like its twitchimg a bit. Maybe I am crazy amd this is how the car is supposed to be. :wacko:

Ah yes, is it also normal for the sound of the car to be like a plane taking off at high rpm 5-7000?

It could need the throttle body or maf cleaning, folowed by the pedal dance BUT I would leave it a while until you get used to driving the car rather than diving in :thumbs:

does the service history show a plug change ?

The service history doesn't show a plug change but I will double-check tonight, maybe I missed it.

I read a lot about MAF and throttle body cleaning on the forum and the symptoms fit but I think you are right. I will leave it for a month or two to see if there is any difference.

Maybe the previous owner didn't use proper fuel and with me adding only super it'll get better.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

As GIXXERUK mentioned give yourself a bit of time to get used to how the car drives. Then if you still feel you are having a problem and you can't find out after searching, just post up a thread ~ plenty of helpful & knowledgeable members on here. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Imo owning a zed is a bit like buying a dog...you dont completly know its history or if its been well looked after..if you treat it good itl look after you and youll have a lot of fun with it,you might even come to rely on it but in the back of your mind you know one day theres a very real chance its gonna bite you!!!!

• Like 1

Frost leather interior yes but the number plate ends in oul.

Why?

Just wondered if it was our car we just p/ex'd but we left the personal plate on it.. and had the plugs changed at 50k

has it got the frost leather interior and the Reg ends in zzz??

That's mine your on about :)

Is your reg JS ** ZZZ then, just trying to see if a member on here has our old car