So I have finally found out what everyone on here is finally talking about!

maddog1982

Have had my 296 Z for a while, I don't do many miles but always felt the it to be a little flat and in the entire time i've owned it (14 months) have seen the traction control come on once. When my brakes started making an horrendous noisy I discovered the nearside caliper was stuck on. this caused the pad to have worn down to the metal on the inside. The was a more meat on the pads on the offside. Having fixed this, the car feels completely different to drive, it now feels electric. The acceleration is frankly amazing i feel like its gained 30 or so HP using my butt dyno. Oh and roundabouts, the traction control now says hello if i give it a little stick upon exiting. The back ed of the car feels alive where as before it felt wooden.

Really chuffed as to me it feels as fast at my old Revo stage one ST. Absolutely love the car. As I have said I now know what everyone is on about when they claim the 350 is a real drivers car. :D

• Like 2

Nice one pal.

Took a little detour on way to work this morning to skip the traffic and had a nice run on some country roads. Forget how fun the Zed is when you ahve the chance on a quiet road! Back end wiggles are the best!! :drive1

• Like 1

Well the car seems to not be quite as urgent after driving it yesterday, the only thing that has changed is I put 40 quids worth of vpower in from another station. Or it could be that i am just used to the new power ? It just doesnt feel as alive, even the sound isn't as aggressive if that makes sense

I'm so glad you managed to get your problem sorted out but I'm with 350zedd, I'm surprised you couldn't smell he burning brake pad or at least smell burning as you walked around the car. Regardless I'm so glad you've managed to sort out the problem and that you're butt dyno is happy.