Stinson hunter #thepeadophilehunter

newkid

This is a programme aired recently about a vigilante group that lead peadophiles into a trap and post their findings on social media sites. Just wondering if anybody watched it an what your thoughts are. Im in two minds really as i think its both right and wrong !! If you havent seen it its currently on demand but bewarned it is very disturbing. :huh:

Yeah we watched it. I'm in two minds too.

Yes he seems to follow the law quite closely and documents his evidence but he's not trained and neither are any of his friends.

My concern is he could be ruining cases against these "people" but then if it's so easy why aren't the police doing more of the same.

EDIT I meant to add and this may be controversial but naming and shaming before being found guilty isn't the right way to go and I feel the law needs to be changed. The victim quite rightly is allowed anonymity and I think the accused should be too. I think in high profile cases it stops the chance of a fair trial and only opens up the opportunity for appeal even to those who quite rightly deserve to be rotting in hell.

Once convicted name and shame.

Edited by Fodder

Controversial. I don't think people of this nature choose to be a paedophile. I can't understand why people do such things just so they can be jeered and made outcasts of society. I can only believe that it is a mental condition that really needs addressing. I don't think a witch hunt is the answer. A bit medieval IMO. I believe in the States, paedophiles are made to knock on the doors of the neighbours and announce who they are and what they are. Perhaps that might be more effective. I'd sure like to know if I were living next door to one, I'd keep a closer eye on my kids that's for sure.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

My Wife is a Police Officer in Nuneaton which is where Stinson lives. The Officer that arrested that guy is a good friend of ours.

There are huge Pro's & Con's to what he is doing.

It's disappointing to see that of the ones that got arrested some only received suspended sentences, will that stop them doing it again? Probably not.

Therefore if these scumbags are only going to get suspended sentences, I'd be more inclined for Stinson and his pals to dish an old fashioned beat down.

If you turn up with alcohol to give to a 11 year old girl and have sexual intentions, you deserve anything and everything that could be waiting for you....

• Like 2

I've not seen this programme, but I assume it's similar to To Catch A Predator? That was terrifying to watch, both in terms of how casual the guys (and it was always guys) were when attempting to arrange a meet and just how prepared some of them came to the house.

Ultimately I agree we need to move to a law where naming and shaming before conviction in sexual cases is prohibited, as it's causing so many problems now that any arrest or investigation is taken as a sign of guilt.

I've not seen this programme, but I assume it's similar to To Catch A Predator? That was terrifying to watch, both in terms of how casual the guys (and it was always guys) were when attempting to arrange a meet and just how prepared some of them came to the house.

Ultimately I agree we need to move to a law where naming and shaming before conviction in sexual cases is prohibited, as it's causing so many problems now that any arrest or investigation is taken as a sign of guilt.

The police say on there that basically they need more money to do what this guy is doing.

Sounds about right. They don't have the resources to entrap people, however morally right that may be.

Then why havent they "sponsored" people like this guy and giving them the necessary training and resources to do this themselves. If the general public want to help out then give them the oppurtunity to i say.

Louis Theroux did a program about peadophiles a while back which was quite interesting, how he went to like a rehab/mental hospital and interviewed them, and how someone of the some casual came across and where like yes its what turns me on i cant help it i didn't choose it, but most requested that they where kept in there as they knew if they were out on the street there urges would get there better of them

I don't get that at all.

I'm strongly attracted to beautiful women, but somehow I manage to contain myself from raping every single one I see when out and about. It's not about what kind of person you fancy, it's about what kind of person you are.

• Like 2

I don't get that at all.

I'm strongly attracted to beautiful women, but somehow I manage to contain myself from raping every single one I see when out and about. It's not about what kind of person you fancy, it's about what kind of person you are.

its not illegal or frown down up tho is it to find a woman attractive