370z Nismo Aftermarket Exhausts??

370NismoZac

Hello all!

Picked up my new 370z Nismo last week.. was emotional saying goodbye to my focusRS! but im loving my new jap machine..

I have a few questions really if anyone can enlighten me as im struggling to source the information myself.

I want a little more noise from my 370 nismo but I understand they run a H-Pipe post cat instead of a Y-Pipe like the standard 370, Would an aftermarket exhaust ie: Miltek or cobra fit onto the Nismo no problem?

Cobra or Berk HFC.. Best Option?

Massively appreciate any help & any advice.

Zac

67bb8c5082bc759330a7bd022de29251.jpg

Edited by 370NismoZac
  • Like 2

:welcome: Zac, most exhausts are cat back, so the include the Y pipe aswell, milltek, stillen, Ark, cobra etc all fit the nismo

Berk hfc's are popular

I take it you had a mk2 Rs ? What colour, any pics, my brother has a white mk2 running 414 bhp Revo

They are great cars

CheeRS ;)

Paul

Stillen and cobra on a nismo here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83723-my-nismo-given-the-cobra-and-stillen-treatment/

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Might find this worth a read.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83723-my-nismo-given-the-cobra-and-stillen-treatment/

I've been very pleased with the Cobra HFCs and they are supposedly less likely to cause issues at MOT than the Berks.

Be aware that you will get some rasp by adding the HFCs and it will be quite loud on cold start.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Hey paul! Yes I had a green mk2 Running pumaspeed software and KMS thunderstorm exhaust was pushing about 370bhp :) Alot of fun!

Hello CS how much would a cobra catb + HFCs set me back?

Thanks for the help people and the warm welcome :)

9776df8a1923360b7d5aa924267c4f1d.jpg

Edited by 370NismoZac
  • Like 3

One thing to bear in mind is that the Nismo Z needs some fairly hefty exhaust tips or the exhaust might look a bit lost under the rear diffuser. Not seen a Cobra exhaust in the flesh but it looks to have quite large tips so should hopefully look ok.

Will I just need to buy the exhaust parts that are post the H-Pipe?

Most of them are catbacks

If you wanted to just change the rear you could with Cobra, Scorpion or Tanabe

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=d5e36431-ffaa-45d1-a4c0-66e9885b3f54

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=6acd5627-7b5a-4fcd-b947-09b52eb6090b

Majority will swap out the restrictive OEM system and OEM cats for a full system and sports cats, that tends to give optimum performance and the best sound

• 3 months later...

Dear dealers I'm looking to buy another member's Cobra exhaust system (the whole kaboodle) to put on a newly acquired 370 nismo (2014, not the MkII) I assume the undertray fitment is perfect and the tips perfectly align under the rear diffuser? How's the "tip protrusion" relatively to the OEM system?

Also, what decats would fit best with the cobra and would they be unbearable loud relative to HFCs? I have the latter on my old 350 and absolutely loved them but the nismo won't need an MOT for two years. Quite happy with a loud sound but obviously looking to avoid motorway drone...

Thanks,

DT

Hey paul! Yes I had a green mk2 Running pumaspeed software and KMS thunderstorm exhaust was pushing about 370bhp :) Alot of fun!

Hello CS how much would a cobra catb + HFCs set me back?

Thanks for the help people and the warm welcome :)

9776df8a1923360b7d5aa924267c4f1d.jpg

Green and black :cloud9:

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase :thumbs: