o my god!!!

Truffs

I took the test drive today in the 350Z at Nissan Newbury. 1st of all what great service, turned up today at 1530 hrs with my girlfriend thinking it would be one at a time and was given the keys and told to 'enjoy' ourselves for 1/2 hour :wacko: Now i have been lucky enough to drive some big engined cars in my time but honestly this has to be one of the best i have driven. It was a 07 GT. The noise from that engine :teeth: the power, the way it drives and sits on the road awesome, trust me there were two people smiling in the car, on our return i said those immortal words to the salesman . . . . . . . i will see you at the end of October to purchase one :thumbs: smitten to bits with it and won over lock, stock and barrel who needs a porshe boxster when you can have one of these beasts :cloud9:

The hardest thing to understand is whythere aren't more around. Kinda glad there aren't though :thumbs:

I was told by mister salesman that only 1000 are brought into the country each year as they are soley made in Japan!?!? Is this true or a bit of salesman speel :snack:

The hardest thing to understand is whythere aren't more around. Kinda glad there aren't though :thumbs:

I was told by mister salesman that only 1000 are brought into the country each year as they are soley made in Japan!?!? Is this true or a bit of salesman speel :snack:

I`ve heard the same thing.

I stopped believing salesmen a long time ago...

Last week I went into my local Vauxhall Dealer (Evans Hallshaw) and the conversation went like this....

Me - I'm looking for a Monaro

Dealer - Sorry we don't sell vans

Me - I know, it's a car, 6.0L V8 top of the range model

Dealer - oh, that. Not many of them about

Me - Yeah I know, but can you get one?

Dealer - We'll have a look around. You'd be better with a Vectra VXR though

Me - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily I was only dealing with the Sales Manager.... still awaiting a phone call.

I stopped believing salesmen a long time ago...

Last week I went into my local Vauxhall Dealer (Evans Hallshaw) and the conversation went like this....

Me - I'm looking for a Monaro

Dealer - Sorry we don't sell vans

Luckily I was only dealing with the Sales Manager.... still awaiting a phone call.

Classic :lol::lol::lol:

There ought to be a section for Nissan Gaffs :teeth:

Well I've got my test drive booked for this weekend. 07 GT Convertible.

I guess my heart wants me to love it & my head/wallet don't :p

We shall see but as I've been told you only live once.

remember that day,,, then a year later you get bored and turnbo charge it ;)

what sold the 350z for me, was the fact the dealership threw me the keys and told me to take it out!!!

Well I had my test drive.

I hadn't been massively sold on the thoughts of the soft top but in the flesh I was suprised how compact it was and I thought it didn't look so big bottomed :D

Interior - well I'm not sure why people say low rent plastics etc. Seemed fine to me, Overall it seems pretty damn good. Some nice little features and touches (I like the vents in the doors, the digital speedo you can have etc).

The drive. Well that sold it for me. Once the engine was running B) I found I was in 1 or 2 gears higher than expected and it was plenty quick!! Steering was superb not too crashy over the bumpy roads, good in stop start traffic, with the hood up suprisingly quiet.

If felt more than solid enough but felt less open than the MX5 I had driven the day before (you feel more snug/safer in the Z - more substantial) - no hairdresser comments please!!

I couldn't strike a deal that was acceptable to me so sadly I walked away to rethink a couple of things (basically the price offered for my p/x took the wee wee big time).

Gonna have a look at a coupe this weekend and try to do a deal on a brand new one.

I will own one before the year is out though - the smile at the end of the drive was enough to arrange that.

Yeah the new 309 bhp one. I made sure it had a bonnet hump ;)

Have you driven any of the previous generation Zeds? Be interesting to hear your comparisons....

But regarding the interior quality, the 07 is said to be better than the previous ones. IMO it starts life fine, just doesn't age well. As I found out at the weekend though, this is nothing some OTT detailing can't deal with!! :D

No its the first Z I've driven. I can only go by my dads Focus estate (we take the dog in it etc) and its still in v.good condition after 8 odd years. I can't imagine the Nissan being that much cheaper. Perhaps like the golf bag sticker I should when I get one put a sticker up "no food/drinks on pain of deather" :D

I've currently got a normal Ford Focus. I remember reading on 1 thread about the clutch on the Z being light. Well not imo - it wasn't mega heavy but it certainly wasn't ultra light!! The salesman did tell me on the earlier models it was a beat more beasty.

Clutch on the 07 is very light when compaired to an older Z. I like a heavy clutch so I would actually prefer to couple an 04 clutch to an 07 engine.

Be sure and test an older Z just for the hell of it. The dealer I sold my 04 Z to hates it. Doesn't like the clutch. Doesn't help either that the throttle body needs replacing now. Was fine when I traded in.