Importing parts query

7eny

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm looking at importing some parts from the States and am trying to sort out my budget, i've got costs for purchasing and shipping but I'm not sure what happens once it gets to the uk, do I have to pay import duty and VAT? any advise gratefully received :)

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm looking at importing some parts from the States and am trying to sort out my budget, i've got costs for purchasing and shipping but I'm not sure what happens once it gets to the uk, do I have to pay import duty and VAT? any advise gratefully received :)

If the value is much above $30 you'll be paying the carrier £12-£15 for them to collect the payment, VAT and duty.

Duty will depend on the taric code used, but normally between 1.5 - 7%

I'm looking at buying an exhaust and depending on how much of my budget is taken in duty and tax, possibly some high flow cats :teeth:

The price in $ will not be far off £'s by the time you add the shipping and the rest of the charges into the UK...exhaust will be heavy so for it to fly will deffo cost a few £££.

Volumetric weight will be a killer on an exhaust if its in a box :blush:

I've been quoted aprox £1500 to buy a nismo exhaust in the UK and $1365 including shipping to the uk from the states, with the dollar against the £ at the moment it's a pretty good deal, i just need to figure out what i will be charged by the government for it :yuck:

A Nismo exhaust costs about $450 to get flown over the pond :)

ah how mistaken you are :)

there is a reason SO many people here have purchased this exhaust from us over the last many months :thumbs:

we have an absolutely fanstastic shipping rate worked out on international items - and the bigger/heavier it is, the better the deals get

there is a reason SO many people here have purchased this exhaust from us over the last many months :thumbs:

we have an absolutely fanstastic shipping rate worked out on international items - and the bigger/heavier it is, the better the deals get

So the delivery charge for an exhaust to the UK would be.....?

We offer the NISMO exhaust to members here for $1365 delivered - this price applies to most addresses in the UK and even Ireland

We offer the NISMO exhaust to members here for $1365 delivered - this price applies to most addresses in the UK and even Ireland

Does this include import tax?

Does this include import tax?

You pay the VAT and duty when the goods arrive