Quite excited by by Mohair coming!

Roobies8

Hi all

Besides my OH (other half!), no one else is getting excited with me....so in case any of you guys may get a tinzie bit excited with me.....this week my 350z black roadster is going in for a new mohair roof!!

I've waited for couple of months for it to be shipped over from Robbins in Califonia and it arrived last week. 2 days to fit, so I'll get it back on Thursday evening. Ruddy exciting (everyone keep fingers crossed the sensors all work after!)

I'll post photos

Mine has (had!) a small split on the joint, but with this summer and the roof down so much, this has split more. I think the previous owner didn't treat the roof to be honest.

My big worry Is the colour....I want it BLACK black! Bit I've been told that I have no need to worry. The guys that are fitting are also reinforcing the joints where it does the big fold back.

I'll post photos once it's done....not sure if I'll need to treat it straight away or leave for a bit, so going to check that with them.

I've had numerous funny remarks at work as I had some spare cash (from a house sale) and girls (and the lads!) at work were expecting me to go out and spend money on shoes/make up.....and didn't understand it when I bought new Milltek exhaust, new gear knob and new roof! Oh and I'm going to get some scratches/dents done next month......but then again my car stereo has just bust on me as well!

• Like 1

Why did you import?

Was it much cheaper?

The guys that are doing the work arranged it. I know it came into the UK to a supplier and then to them, but I don't know who the UK people were .....possibly one of the known sites I've seen as the people fitting it did a lot of research on it for me.

• 1 year later...