Simple adjustment or!?

Jud1

Hi All ...

I am going to look at this Red Zed this morning, have the experian gold report already, reads ok - baring in mind as it's JDM I can only get so much .. any how, on looking at the pictures, I can see the bonnet infront of the driver is raised a little - in your opinion and based on the one image!!!! - does this look like something that could be adjusted out!? .. the rest of the bonnet appears to be inline as far as I can tell...

Dealer tells me it only had two small dinks in rear bumper (now fixed) - and in the pics, the front "looks" chip free and v clean, which after 51k ..seems pretty unusual! ;) (hmmm!) ...

Car is cheap enough for me to spend some extra putting personal touches to her, but - my OCD won't allow me to have the bonnet like that! :) :)

thanks

J

post-22898-0-94661600-1411455557_thumb.jpg

Looks like the gap and alignment is way out up at the screen as well.

May be adjustment or something more sinister.

Buyer Beware.

Alex. :)

thanks Alex .. though that is exactly the bit I was talking about! :D ... you see another?

Edited by Jud1

It may be as simple as loosening off 2 nuts and adjusting the bonnet forward. Have a look when you get there for signs of the nuts being tightened to a slightly different part of the bracket if you understand what I mean.

Some people have managed to get new bonnets under warranty and maybe the body shop Nissan used didn't have a very straight eye. Another possibility is a previous owner had a carbon bonnet on and replaced the OEM one themselves.

• Like 1

it maybe the pic but the paint on the bumper looks fresh ? no stone chips at all

100% been blown in, a few marks on her - but overall, pretty good condition considering the age .... So I bought it! heh heh heh

• Like 1

Thanks :D :D - and Yep, I will pop a few up shortly, am over the moon ... now I've calmed down a bit!!!!

she has a few knocks, but you know what - I parted with 4K .. she shows 51K - engine is sweet ... really really can't grumble at all.

(I paid more than that for my last GIXXER!!) ;):) .. looking forward to slowly turning her in to mine .... but first ... I;m going for a drive again! hahaha

• Like 1