Probably a really silly wheel question??

Bobby D

I was a very lucky lad and bought my Zed with these veilside wheels! Not Long ago and only just noticed! Never owned veilside rims before so just want to know if this is normal? Which I'm 90% sure is but just thought I would ask for piece of mind!

19" veilside Andrews

One of the rims

9FBA6756-9D82-4ADA-8124-4A840CCA8C31_zpskub1pnr6.jpg

The 3 others

81BC5B65-585A-410B-846C-6B3862A70E99_zpsm5fmguqr.jpg

Don't get to harsh on me as I'm new to all this!

Thank you in advance

Is what normal mate ?

Yea what's normal?

I think what Bobby means is that 3 of the alloys have "Veilside Andrews" deeply stamped on the alloys and all look the same whereas the 4th alloy has just "Veilside" stamped on it, not as deeply & missing the word "Andrews".

That's how I read it anyway.

Could be that one of the genuine alloys was damaged and someone replaced it with a copy maybe?? :shrug:

Awww don't say it's a copy haha I'll cry! Haha

Could be although it could just be an older version of the same alloys maybe? Might still be legit.

If you ever get the alloy off maybe worth checking out if it has any other manufacturers marks on it then comparing it to the other alloys. :)

Doesn't look like a copy comparing it to the others; could have been a slight production fault?

Hoping this is what it is and first thoughts where this! Will have to get it off when I can and see!

Yeah fingers crossed it is just something like Ceejay said or the same version of wheel but just an older version as I said that someone bought to replace a damaged wheel at some time.

You should see some sort of manufacturers marks though on the hub recess I'd have thought to compare against the other alloys. ;)

I'v emailed the link you have sent with both pictures so we will see what they say!

This really wants to be a production error or I'll cry haha

I'v emailed the link you have sent with both pictures so we will see what they say!

This really wants to be a production error or I'll cry haha

Thank you you guys are mint

Edited by Bobby D
  • Like 1

I've been trying to find an image like your 'defective' wheel but I've had no luck :( all of the official Veilside ones I can see have the inscription on them. Something definitely up with that wheel, can you take the wheel off and see if there are any markings? Maybe compare how heavy they are too if you get a chance.

• Like 2

can you take the wheel off and see if there are any markings? Maybe compare how heavy they are too if you get a chance.

Good call, there are usually lots of markings on the inner rim. Take the wheel on the opposite side off and see if the markings match.

Pete