Car Parking Fine for using Halfords

Fluke

If you just ignore it - and the stream of letters that keep upping the threat level until they say they're going to take you to court - and then you ignore that one too - they just go away. So ignore it. Don't respond at all. Worked for me.

If, in the extremely unlikely event that they do take you to court, they'd never win.

• Like 2

If you just ignore it - and the stream of letters that keep upping the threat level until they say they're going to take you to court - and then you ignore that one too - they just go away. So ignore it. Don't respond at all. Worked for me.

If, in the extremely unlikely event that they do take you to court, they'd never win.

Unfortunately they have - some Courts have been too easily persuaded.

https://www.gov.uk/g...ing-eye-ltd.doc

Not even reading the rest lol ...why did you leave your car at Halfrauds... They should be paying it.

As per my opening post, I'm currently working 12hr shifts 7 days a week on the XE launch, the wheels needed balancing and its right next door to Jaguar. The good news is that I have received email confirmation from Halfords, confirming that the parking charge has been cancelled.

• Like 4

I've had a few of these "parking fines" and I've ignored every single one. Don't even need to challenge it, don't have to pay!

I have just come back from Halfords and the manager photo copied the letter he told me he would get it cancelled and he wrote the word cancelled along with the date, he then signed it. I just get the impression that this is going to run on and will probably get loads of letters. Do I risk sending a copy of the cancelled letter to UKPC or just completely ignore everything from them from now on in?

You will receive letters from them telling you owe even more money. then more letters will come saying they will take legal action and court and debt collectors. Ignore all and all problems go away. Well for this parking "charge" anyway. All their letters went straight in the shredder! :thumbs:

Oh, however the new advice is NOT to simply ignore it - that is old advice.

You should respond using a template provided on MSE - but identify yourself as the Registered Keeper - not the driver.

If you have a receipt from Halfords, showing the goods/services purchased, that also helps for some reason...

What is the source of the new advice mate?

Oh, however the new advice is NOT to simply ignore it - that is old advice.

You should respond using a template provided on MSE - but identify yourself as the Registered Keeper - not the driver.

If you have a receipt from Halfords, showing the goods/services purchased, that also helps for some reason...

What is the source of the new advice mate?

Sorry mate, missed this...

See here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Dave