car cover

Rs2oo

Outside car covers are only any use if you're going to thoroughly wash your car every time you put the cover on, else you'll catch the dirt and scratch your car to bits.

It's correct to say the car needs to be clean but I wouldn't go so far as to say a thorough wash is necessary. I've been keeping a very close eye on my paintwork since I started covering my car when I got it in December. If it has just a light layer of dust following a drive I use a good quick detailer to clean it off before I put the cover on. So far there's no sign of any issues with the paintwork.

To the OP, you might want to check out the Halfords all weather cover. It's worked very well for me. However, I believe you need to take extra precautions with car covers and fabric roofs.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I was expecting some question about needing a cover on the car for an insurance quote or something!

Halfords ones are proven to do the job, pretty much the same as storm force and about a third the price. I used a Halfords one on my VX.