look what I had on my bed this morning!

nixy

Got up this morning to find I'd been sharing my bed with this monster - just to put it into perspective - the quilt cover button is about 1/2 of an inch across! :cry:

Photo-0140-1.jpg

and it left one of it's hairly legs behind on my bed

Photo-0141-2.jpg

did you have any insect bites when you woke up?

it could be worth checking.... ;)

A young woman was sunbathing on the beach and was just about to drop off to sleep, when she felt an insect running along her jawbone and then down her neck. She brushed it away, and thought nothing more of it.

After about a week, she noticed what she thought was a pimple growing and growing. The skin was inflamed and it looked like a blister. Then, one day, she was blow-drying her hair and hit the inflamed spot with her hair dryer. The blistered skin broke open and hundreds of tiny white baby spiders and pus came pouring out of the wound!

It seems that while she was sunbathing, her pores had enlarged enough that a mama spider could deposit her egg sac in one. They incubated under her skin until she smacked herself in the jaw with the hair dryer!

good night all.... :yawn::scare:

A young woman was sunbathing on the beach and was just about to drop off to sleep, when she felt an insect running along her jawbone and then down her neck. She brushed it away, and thought nothing more of it.

After about a week, she noticed what she thought was a pimple growing and growing. The skin was inflamed and it looked like a blister. Then, one day, she was blow-drying her hair and hit the inflamed spot with her hair dryer. The blistered skin broke open and hundreds of tiny white baby spiders and pus came pouring out of the wound!

It seems that while she was sunbathing, her pores had enlarged enough that a mama spider could deposit her egg sac in one. They incubated under her skin until she smacked herself in the jaw with the hair dryer!

:yuck:

Got up this morning to find I'd been sharing my bed with this monster - just to put it into perspective - the quilt cover button is about 1/2 of an inch across! :cry:

and it left one of it's hairly legs behind on my bed

What, it didn't wax it's legs first?! ;):p:lol:

Thanks for that :thumbs:

:yuck::yuck:

oh dear that looks like the

The hobo spider (Tegenaria agrestis)

It is a member of the genus of spiders known colloquially as funnel web spiders. Individuals construct a funnel-shaped structure of silk sheeting and lie in wait at the small end of the funnel for prey insects to blunder onto their webs. Hobo spiders sometimes build their webs in or around human habitations. Although this species of spider has a reputation for aggressiveness, they will normally avoid contact with humans. Most bites occur when the spider is accidentally crushed or squeezed by a human. The spider's venom is strong enough to cause considerable local pain and has been reported to sometimes cause tissue death (necrosis) at and near the bite

250px-Male-hobo.gif

GOOD NIGHT , SLEEP WELL :lol::p:lol::p

you swine! I'll let you know if there's another monster at bedtime tonight!

And by the way, the sign of a real man is one that can pick up a spider and throw it out, therefore rescuing the damsel in distress! B)

....so it can crawl back in again and scare the lady. No way! Death is the only fate coming to these monsters. :boxing:

I don't mind spiders - they get rid of the flies and horrible midges. I'd much rather give one another chance than kill it. That said, its probably more that I know there aren't any venomous ones in this country - it'd be a different kettle of fish if we had some of them from Oz or the US.

Mind, if I saw one the size of Chris' I don't know if I'd be so brave.