Recommend a Courier Service?

Dicky

I'd say TNT or FedEx. :shrug:

Asked a few times before on here Dicky. ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77881-recommend-a-courier/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/48465-help-with-a-courier/

Whatever you do Dicky, DO NOT USE PAISLEY FREIGHT! I've had problems with them as has zmanalex from a recent thread he wrote.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/89998-paisley-freight-avoid-avoid-avoid/

Paisley freight are well priced for large/heavy objects although I believe zmanalex has had some poor customer service of late.

Yeah, just read Alex's post so might give them a miss, but thanks for your suggestion

I have used Hermes a lot, there are quite a few negative stories going round but they deal with 1,000's of parcels everyday.

I always pay the £1 for a signature as I have seen a lot of people say parcels are just lobbed over walls etc :o

They don't do big or oversize items though

Edited by spursmaddave

What is it that you need shifted?

As others have said, MyHermes are fine. I'm shipping all the stuff from my FS threads with them, except small things that can fit in a Jiffy as it's only 30p more to ship those 1st class, or huge things which MyHermes can't take such as the BGW which had to go with Parcel Force.

Hermes work on a 3 day delivery schedule and more than 80% of my stuff arrives in that time, the others are on day 4. They're cheap, my local courier is very nice and is happy to lift parcels early if he happens to call and above all, it's extremely easy to sort out collections and understand what size packages etc they will take.

Yup... i had a sideline going for a couple of years fixing broken xbox's and playstation's and never had any trouble with myhermes and on a good week i would be shipping 10 items at least with them, these days you can pay myhermes online and choose to either arrange a home collection or take the parcel to one of their collection agents (generally a local shop)

What is it that you need shifted?

As others have said, MyHermes are fine. I'm shipping all the stuff from my FS threads with them, except small things that can fit in a Jiffy as it's only 30p more to ship those 1st class, or huge things which MyHermes can't take such as the BGW which had to go with Parcel Force.

Hermes work on a 3 day delivery schedule and more than 80% of my stuff arrives in that time, the others are on day 4. They're cheap, my local courier is very nice and is happy to lift parcels early if he happens to call and above all, it's extremely easy to sort out collections and understand what size packages etc they will take.

My female Hermes courrier is really rather nice :blush:

They do drop off at local post offices too if you can't wait in for collection, not tried that yet but good that it's there, and it saves a few pennies.

Lastly if you use them a bit you get random discounts, I did 3 parcels the other day added up to about £14 and I got a 20% discout, which was nice :)

Edited by spursmaddave