Look out Japan, here we come!

Bockaaarck

Damn it :(

I've had no choice but to extend our trip by 5 days :yahoo:

Curse you Will and Col for encouraging me :lol:

You will love it mate.

I always say if I'm going to spend 11 hours in a tin can to get there with jet lag,

it will take me 3 to 4 weeks to get over it, before I fly back. ;)

Tip, sleep on the plane on the way out and DONT SLEEP AS SOON AS YOU GET THERE,

you will feel knackered, but fight it, and lock yourself into their time zone from day one. :thumbs:

You will love it mate.

I always say if I'm going to spend 11 hours in a tin can to get there with jet lag,

you will feel knackered, but fight it, and lock yourself into their time zone from day one. :thumbs:

We should be ok, our flight arrives 'early doors'. It'll mean we sleep on the plane and then have a whole day to adjust. We did a similar thing when we flew out to the US earlier this year.

First day we'll probably potter about until 10pm, then get out heads down. That should sync us in nicely to local time:). Going to spend the extra five days seeing / doing those extra things that we might regret not doing / seeing after going all that way. :)

Edited by Bockaaarck

You will love it mate.

We should be ok, our flight arrives 'early doors'. It'll mean we sleep on the plane and then have a whole day to adjust. We did a similar thing when we flew out to the US earlier this year.

First day we'll probably potter about until 10pm, then get out heads down. That should sync us in nicely to local time:). Going to spend the extra five days seeing / doing those extra things that we might regret not doing / seeing after going all that way. :)

We normally get into Narita Airport at about 9.30am their time and then get the train into Tokyo Station from Narita

that's a lovely journey through the rice fields. Get a taxi from Tokyo Station to your Hotel, they are the most

honest and helpful taxi drivers in the world, providing you don't touch his door, he will automatically open it

for you from inside, Taxi's are not expensive, just write down your hotel name for them.

You could go by Metro but for the sake of £10 to £15 get a taxi.

(We have also done the bus to Tokyo from Narita, dont recomend it takes forever and youll hit traffic in Tokyo.)

• Like 1

I'm well jel - it's my dream to go to japan and see where all my spare money has gone over the last 20 years!

The skyline crew do organised trips every now and again and get treated like royalty - maybe I should buy a skyline and see if they would smuggle me over.

Anybody up for organising a Z club tour next year?

My wife says as long as I stay away from pin pong girls and ladyboys - I can go.

So, as long as there isn't an optional tour to Thailand - I should be fine!

Seasider, it's been our aim to get out to Japan for ages. Just been really lucky to find a good deal and have a bit of money saved to go.

To be honest it got to the point where we just thought 'F-it.... If we don't go now when do we go" I don't think I'll feel like doing this sort of trip at 70, so we better do it now while we can!

We fly in to Haneda and out from Narita. It looks like its a 40 min journey on the road, about an hour by train.

Would love to have got in to Narita on the way but it's not worked out that way, it would have been easier I think

That's a shame we never fly into Haneda, for that reason.