How many points do I have ?

Randy_Baton

I'll leave the thread up but thought I'd post this at the top.

You can now check your record online at the DVLA, you just need Drivers license number, National Insurance number and postcode. Its in Beta but worked fine for me, took 30 seconds. Result = 3 points :yahoo:

https://www.viewdriv...licence-number?

-----------------------------

Coming up to renew my insurance and just thought I check that I only have 3 points

I've an SP50 dated 31/08/2011 so should expire next summer. 3 points!

Now the confusing bit.

When I brought my car, it had private plates on it. The previous owner de-registered the plates with out telling me and it took them 4 months to get the V5 to me. During that time I set off a speed camera in Dorset. I didn't hear anything from the DVLA for a while so thought I'd avoided it. Then I was driving down the A23 into Brighton and as soon as I got in to Brighton I was pulled over by an undercover cop as my license plate had a red flag against it.

There was a speeding ticket from Dorset against my plate but as it was de-registered they didn't know how to send it to. I admitted it was me in Dorset and still had some of the paper work form the car sale with me, to prove my story. I gave my details to the police who told me I needed to request a V5 myself via a V62, but they would update my details on the system and I would get a fine via the post.

Fast forward 9 months and I've not received anything, so as far as I'm aware it wasn't added to my license. What do I tell the insurance company?

3 points or 6 points?

Edited by Randy_Baton

has to be only 3 points that. If you've not paid a fine and sent your licence off for the "Dodgy lot", then how can that be endorssed on your licence. I would go by whatever is on the paper copy of your licence, which should be your 3.

Speak to the DVLA (God help you) and ask them how many points they have recorded on your license.

It's the only way to be sure.

If you give the insurance company the wrong information your insurance will be void and they will not be entitled to pay out on any accident/incident.

• Like 1

Speak to the DVLA (God help you) and ask them how many points they have recorded on your license.

It's the only way to be sure.

If you give the insurance company the wrong information your insurance will be void and they will not be entitled to pay out on any accident/incident.

Thats what I was worried of, I'll give them a call.

MOT/Service/Insurance all due next month :lol:

EDIT ....

You can now check your record online at the DVLA, you just need Drivers license number, National Insurance number and postcode. Its in Beta but worked fine for me, took 30 seconds. Result = 3 points :yahoo:

https://www.viewdriv...licence-number?

Edited by Randy_Baton

Summons legislation-

Date of offence - 6 months to apply for a summons.

Then from summons application 6 months to serve.

Yes, in theory only safe after 12 months.

Reality it's just after 6 months as most summonses are obtained straight away.

DVLA records are the ones that count.........

But...

Stupid errors like bus drivers taking their test and their new licence showing "automatic only" - yes for the bus, but the DVLA then downgrade the poor chaps car licence to automatic!

You have got to check carefully.

Latest one is changing over, or just exchanging to a photo card licence, they omit the pre 1997 extras (towing, 7.5tons, mini buses etc)

When Beta becomes fully active have been led to beleive driver history will be readable by all including insurance companies....they will be quoting based on fact ....................no escape..........big brother is watching !!!!!!!!!!! :scare: Just waiting for the establishment to come round and fit a driverless car module to the Z and were all set, no more human intervention.....another step towards my non surgical frontal labotamy. I capitulate.