Advice from our Scottish contingent please.

glrnet

Guys,

I'm starting a contract in Carluke next week, driving up but will fly home on Friiday and fly back up again the following Monday. Given where Carluke is and your superior knowledge of traffic problems etc should I fly to and from Glasgow or Edinburgh? It seems about the same distance give or take a few miles but on the map Edinburgh looks the better bet, unless you know differnet of course. :) (oh, will be flying Friday evening and early Monday morning)

Thanks in advance for any useful advice :D

• Like 1

Would suggest Glasgow, although they appear around the same distance on the map, Glasgow is generally always quicker to reach.

Plus, my company are currently doing all of the upgrade works on the M8/M73/M74, and we have a lot of works in and around the Newhouse area! :wacko:

• Like 1

give us a shout Glrnet as my mates stay in Carluke so I am in Carluke about twice a week. There is 3 routes, given that you will be coming up the 74 then probably the larkhall route would be the quickest. The traffic around lanarkshire isn't bad at all, espcially the way you're heading so any route you take will be fine :thumbs:

PS Carluke isn't a nice area :lol:

Edited by hensh65