Any martial Art nuts ?

SJ350z

Will be joining an MMA gym soon when I'm full time employed again. Going back to shift work so pointless signing up now when I wont know my shift patterns and availability.

Was just curious if anyone on here has done martial arts? Likes them , watches ufc and what not

I've previously studied Muay Thai in my youth and more recently Tae Kwon Do

:starwars:

I did a short stint with TAGB at my local leisure centre but couldn't get on with the instructor (he was an arrogant tw@t) so left there and joined a kick boxing class at a gym but I only stayed there about 8 months (just long enough to lose my beer belly) both a very long time ago though, I was toying with the idea of joining another class now that I'm not working shifts but not found one yet :)

• Like 1

I did a short stint with TAGB at my local leisure centre but couldn't get on with the instructor (he was an arrogant tw@t) so left there and joined a kick boxing class at a gym but I only stayed there about 8 months (just long enough to lose my beer belly) both a very long time ago though, I was toying with the idea of joining another class now that I'm not working shifts but not found one yet :)

You made the right decision. A lot of your learning will depend on the relationship you hold with the instructor. Should have a trial session at a club mate :) No harm is done by having just one :p

Just read he also rides a sports bike :scare: I like this man ! :thumbs: Do you still train?

Martin loves his bikes, not as much as I should as I injured my back a few years ago,

he's also a good mate. Runs a very good academy. :thumbs:

Health is the most important thing. Depending on what back injury you have, have you considered gentle swimming front crawl? I had a tight back from not moving for years and it helped mine out. Just an idea though don't do a swimathon and make a post saying you cant move :lol:

I would give your club a go but your miles away and I'll be training mma so a mix of things.

Done 2 years of MMA, sadly my job now isnt the job for having cuts and bruises so had to give it up.

Top man B) Please tell me you work in health/life insurance :lol: :lol:

I'll probably get yelled at for having a bashed face sometimes but I really don't care...oo rebel lol. Doesn't effect my job so balls to it. going to do lifeguarding so I'll just wind the little brats up and pull their leg saying I beat up 5 thugs that wouldn't get out with 1 arm :lol:

Well apparently because im chinese im born fly kicking straight out of the womb and the fact all chinese people know kungfu! Does that count? lmao

But apart from my heriditory martial arts , I done Taekwondo till I was sparring a blue belt girl who put me flat on my bottom and was ridiculed till I left. Then took up kickboxing after watching ong bak I know its not the same but closest thing to it from where I was from. Then went into boxing and realised my face is too fragile, so now practise Tai Chi whenever im feeling spiritual. Overall failed martial artist lol :lol:

Edited by SkylineV35
  • Like 4

Well apparently because im chinese im born fly kicking straight out of the womb and the fact all chinese people know kungfu! Does that count? lmao

But apart from my heriditory martial arts , I done Taekwondo till I was sparring a blue belt girl who put me flat on my bottom and was ridiculed till I left. Then took up kickboxing after watching ong bak I know its not the same but closest thing to it from where I was from. Then went into boxing and realised my face is too fragile, so now practise Tai Chi whenever im feeling spiritual. Overall failed martial artist lol :lol:

Haha It's okay as long as you look like you do Kungfu I'm sure most people will be bricking it :lol: I reckon you should have stuck at the TKD. If you were sparring blue belts you must have had some success? Im pretty optimistic and humble but you will usually learn from a loss more than a win.Learning a martial art is never easy. On the flip side of that if you are happy with Tai Chi then thats all that matters :) Friends have studied it and loved it.

Face too fragile? Pretty boy? My best mate who I go motorbike riding with ( had to word that carefully lol ) Is a bit of a pretty boy and he used to train Muay thai and moved to Aikido ..

Us chinese just go

"WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Everybody flees

You mean to say that hot sexy woman in your picture isn't you? I've been deceived :scare:

:cry:

I'm deffo not Jayden James, she had more man sausage than I have had sausage rolls!

I'm chinese, kinda, parents from Hong Kong, born in Scotland, raised in Germany, living in England

Us chinese just go

"WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Everybody flees

You mean to say that hot sexy woman in your picture isn't you? I've been deceived :scare:

:cry:

I'm deffo not Jayden James, she had more man sausage than I have had sausage rolls!

I'm chinese, kinda, parents from Hong Kong, born in Scotland, raised in Germany, living in England

Wow did not realise it was her. Haha lets be fair here.. given the chance I think you'd give her one final sausage roll for good luck :lol:

Had to read that a few times to process that. Why the move from Germany to England. Would have though Germany would be a better place to live tbh