multicar is definitely the way to go for young drivers

PPod

So last week I finally found my dream 350z gt and decided to buy it straight away without even knowing what my insurance would be. I have had my licence for 1 year and 7 month and I am 21 year old and own one other car which is a polo s60 1.2L :p. So I then phoned up my admiral insurance and had a chat for a while and finally got my insurance to £502 for the year which I think is outstanding and the way I got it this cheap is that I am the 5th car on the admiral multi car policie and added my dad who has 30+ years no claims bonus. And admiral know that I pay all my family's insurance in the one go when the month comes. so for all you young drivers with a big family get on multi car lol

Also forgot to add I am the main driver so can build up my no claims 😊

Edited by PPod

They are good to start off with however they (like most insurers) pump your price up the following year and hope you cant be bothered to shop around. Then you go online and find you can get it £300 cheaper than they quoted,,,,, from them!!! I phoned up as there is 3 cars on our policy all getting a £100 cheaper policy online through them. So they said they would match all the prices for the renewal. Which is all good but they were single car quotes, I asked were is the point in a multi car if you don't get any further discount. I got £10 off,,,,,,, wow

They are good to start off with however they (like most insurers) pump your price up the following year and hope you cant be bothered to shop around. Then you go online and find you can get it £300 cheaper than they quoted,,,,, from them!!! I phoned up as there is 3 cars on our policy all getting a £100 cheaper policy online through them. So they said they would match all the prices for the renewal. Which is all good but they were single car quotes, I asked were is the point in a multi car if you don't get any further discount. I got £10 off,,,,,,, wow

+ 1 exactly I've got a multicar policy on my zed and daily car , which works out well. Though when I phoned them up to add my partners car they wanted nearly as much for the six months to when the policy ends for what I could get a single car quote for, for whole year + breakdown cover. Needless to say i told them this and said no thanks, the bloke was left silent !

• Like 1

if all your policies are different dates - how do you go about doing a multi-car one

Start with one car then when your next car is due add that on. Say it's six months later you'll only insure the second car for six months, then both cars insurance runs at the same time.

Yeah a live in Cumbernauld just outside Glasgow so must be a good postcode. But was going to give my my Aberdeen one but I bet it would of shot up haha

Cumbernauld..........christ that quote should have shot through the roof :p

• Like 1

Yeah a live in Cumbernauld just outside Glasgow so must be a good postcode. But was going to give my my Aberdeen one but I bet it would of shot up haha

Cumbernauld..........christ that quote should have shot through the roof :p

I played for Cumbernauld football team for 2 years only our home park and training was in Hamilton :lol: not even Cumbernauld set foot in Cumbernauld :lol:

• Like 1

@flex. I rent a place up in Aberdeen since I work up there then come down on my days off back home. So my main residence is still Cumbernauld since all my post and other stuff gets posted down there.

Hahaha Cumbernauld isn't that bad of a place 😄

@flex. I rent a place up in Aberdeen since I work up there then come down on my days off back home. So my main residence is still Cumbernauld since all my post and other stuff gets posted down there.

Hahaha Cumbernauld isn't that bad of a place 😄

They do good sausages too :)

• Like 1

Hahaha Cumbernauld isn't that bad of a place ��

Is that not Cumberland :lol: ?

The Irn Bru factory is in Cumbernauld though

Oh really, didnt know :lol:

Of course I did, jeez.

• Like 1

Admiral were sh1t when my mrs and one of my daughters were on a multi car policy, first year seemed reasonable, following year it was pants. They also managed to take double payment off the wife's card which was a nightmare to get back.

Both moved onto their own individual policies which were cheaper.

Now don't want to make you young lads jealous, but I paid £164 fully comp this year, with less compulsory and voluntary excess than I had with previous insurer.

£164 now thats an amazing price

Yeah theres some great roads near the irn bru factory to give the 350 a good run but cant beat the new motorway right next to it that has no cameras for about 15 to 20 miles 😉

Edited by PPod
  • Like 1

Of course I did, jeez.

Well you are a gorilla living in a sex dungeon. .. forgive me :lol:

• Like 1

Of course I did, jeez.

Well you are a gorilla living in a sex dungeon. .. forgive me :lol:

When you put it like that :lol:
  • Like 1

Multicar has always been the cheaper option, but how its worked out makes no sense to me.

Currently myself, my dad and my mum are on a policy with 4 cars.

Previously i insured my car separately and my dad insured their 3 cars separately.

the cost for myself was around 800 per year, and he was 1500 per year.

Cars in question : 2003 nissan 350z, 1998 Mitsibushi Pajero Evo (import), 2005 Mitsibushi Shogun 3.2D, 2001 Audi a4 2.0 sline

I was only insured for my car, and could not drive the others. Now we have combined all 4 cars it has brought the cost down to 1700 per year and all 3 of us are insured to drive all 4 cars. better yet, I only have to pay 600 instead of 800 as his business covers the insurance for the shogun!

Good to point out I have 6 points with 3 previous and I'm only 24, and my dad has 3 points and one accident (smashed into a corsa, didn't even scratch the shogun) and is 51!