Lower dash button.

Randy_Baton

Should point out I'm not in a roadster but the left hand one is blank the middle one is missing and the right hand one looks like it could be the headlight washer.

Does that mean I can turn off those dam headlight washers!

Missing the middle switch, so presume its the ESP.

Edited by Randy_Baton

I'm assuming you mean the three in a row low down on the right hand side: Blanking plate, ESP button, Headlight washer button.

I'd just imagine there is a blanking plate there as in a US car or other foreign market Zed there may be another switch there for something we don't have on the UK cars. Heated windscreen maybe for example or something else? :dry::shrug:

Should point out I'm not ina roadster but the left hadn one is blank the middle one is missing and the right hand one looks like it could be the headlight washer.

Does that mean I can turn off those dam headlight washers!

Missing the middle switch, so presume its the ESP.

Has it been pushed into the dash maybe?

P5050225.jpg

I'll never touch the ESP button, so once I get it back in It'll stay in as long as nothings broken. Maybe take a bit of glue with me when I take the dash off.

Anyone have a guide on the lower dash removal? I can see one screw.

Edited by Randy_Baton

I'll never touch the ESP button, so once I get it back in It'll stay in as long as nothings broken. Maybe take a bit of glue with me when I take the dash off.

ANyone have a guide on the lower dash removal? I can see one screw.

Some pictures in this guide that may help all though it is for a US Zed I'd imagine it's the same for ours; http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/357855-automatically-shutting-vdc-off-kptechnologies-module-installed.html

:thumbs:

• Like 1

1. Pull up plastic side trim, held in by a few clips

IMG_1898_zpsb683c44c.jpg

2.Pull up rubber seal from around the bottom of the door frame

IMG_1899_zpsbc628a6c.jpg

3. Unclip side wall trim - there are 2 clips they are a bit stiff, but I think there is a release inside the clip. I pushed a screwdriver inside and then levered them off against the car. The metal is covered by the door seal so its not going to do any viable damage if the screwdriver marks the car.

IMG_1900_zps35cf8932.jpg

4. Undo the first screw you see, there are 2 screws in this general area you want the one nearest you (on the right).

IMG_1902_zpsdbe8584e.jpg

5. Last screw is on the underside of the trim, sort of in line with the accelerator but facing you. There is anouther screw in the general area but its facing downwards (leave this one). I had already removed the screw in this photo, but its the hole center top.

IMG_1908_zps6fba1e77.jpg

6. Then pull! I think there are three main clips.

IMG_1905_zps67ce8208.jpg

Note, when i tried to clip the trim back in it didn't go first time, this is because the bonnet release wire had dropped under the L-shaped metal bracket that the second screw goes into. I just moved it on top and everything went back together easily.

10 minute job.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

I know this is dredging up an old thread, but I wanted to thank Randy for this little guide.

Wanted to move my esp button over to the right and the washer jet one to the inside so i wouldn't accidentally press it!

Mark