Focus st

xStric9x

Just had a little play with an st all be it in a straight line :yawn:

I tell you what though...these things have got some poke, only just started pulling away from him :scare:

Anybody ever been in one? What were your thoughts?

You can remap an ST to nearly 290 bhp ;) The zed isn't the fastest thing on the road................. :)

Ive had a play with one before and i have to say my zed was faster and quite noticeably. Either that or he is a crap driver.

I didn't push the zed to its limit as i would of taken a sharpe right hander off mrs stric.

I would be stupid of me to think the z is the fastest thing on the road, other cars just sometimes suprise me in how much power they actually have :)

I tell you what though...these things have got some poke, only just started pulling away from him :scare:

You can remap an ST to nearly 290 bhp ;) The zed isn't the fastest thing on the road................. :)

Yip your right Sarnie, anything with a Turbo really, you don't know what's under that hood....but at then end of the day it's a focus :yawn:

I would be stupid of me to think the z is the fastest thing on the road, other cars just sometimes suprise me in how much power they actually have :)

Speaking of which.... Mazda 6 MPS. Next door neighbour just got one. Actually, probably because of me as I saw it at the Geneva motor show as I was bypassing the Mazda stand thinking nothing I want to look at there and it made me double take and go and have a look. Not a bad motor!

2.3L Turbo, AWD, 260 something BHP, and damn it shifts! We've got a trip to Germany and an autobahn planned to find out just how quick it really is compared to a Z but a quick 2nd to 4th gear sprint in a straight line leads me to believe this ain't going to be a foregone conclusion. I couldn't lose him :wacko:

To make matters worse, he's getting a Sebring exhaust fitted on Tuesday, an exhaust they say gives an extra 15 -20 BHP :wacko:

It is a nice car and definitely differnent to the norm, I've not seen another one on the road so far.

I drove it (bit embarrased really as I've never let him drive mine :blush: ) and to be honest I thought the Z would beat it easily as the turbo seemed to do a disappearing act somewhere in 3rd. But no, he was still there at 80 to 90 mph.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when we hit Germany :)

I test drove one before getting the Zed and was a bit underwhelmed. Sounded nice though and probably the pick of the bunch for a hot hatch.

I came up against an orange one a while ago on a long straight and it was neck and neck. He did have some sticker on the back from a tuning company so Im guessing he was chipped. They definately can be quick.

I work for ford's and neally eveyone has got a focus st or a fiesta, and i can tell ya i have probably raced all of them by now, and put them all to shame, the one thing i love about the focus st, is the handling, i once had a bit of a blip with my mate around town, and every bend or roundabout he would go, then on the straight i would pull him back, all depends what you like, yes the focus st, is a lovely car, and in 3 years ill prob get one when i lookt to get a house, or the equivelent.. But the Z, is a Z, gotta memebr the focus its still a ford focus, and yeah with the re-mapping my mate is running just shy of 280 bhp, rolling roaded, but still ant got the V6 torgue, still great car, and good fun to race with !

You can actually map them and with things like a new exhaust etc, get over 300BHP...... Evo mag tested a good few of them against each. I know the Graham Goode one is over 300BHP for not that much cash! So they can defintely be quick..... :)

I think WOLF do a 330bhp conversion now. Thats a fair bit of power for a FWD car.

Too much IMO, power is nothing if you can't plant it.

:thumbs: Exactly - and if you used that power for much of the time you would need to plan trips via tyre outfits :lol:

I think WOLF do a 330bhp conversion now. Thats a fair bit of power for a FWD car.

Too much IMO, power is nothing if you can't plant it.

:thumbs: Exactly - and if you used that power for much of the time you would need to plan trips via tyre outfits :lol:

They'd have to come to you as you are just sitting there in a constant wheel spin :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Driven one. It was no more than ok. I have owned RWD since the age of 20 (a whole 4 years!) and must say I prefer lower power FWD cars. Lots of power in FWD is wrong! I thought it pulled ok when the turbo was spinning.

My girlfriend drove it and thought it was crap!

A guy from wrk has one and he drives it well. I actually think it's a better car to be a passenger in! Sounds weird I know but it's just better to be in thean drive!