Your thoughts on a IDC/BDC Competition Spec Nissan 350Z for Sale

chris2287

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies for potentially posting this in the incorrect place!

I know drifting isn't everyone's cup of tea, however, I'm trying to get into it.

I've always loved to own a 350z and was hoping to combine the two.

I recently came across this advert on the internet and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it, is a 350z a competitive drifting vehicle, does anyone know anything about the car , if anyone could share any tips/thoughts or is there anything I should be asking? The price seems to good to be true...

Below is the advert in question:

Due to a change in circumstance my beloved Nissan 350Z is for sale. This car has a huge spec and in two years of competition/practice days has never had one mechanical issue. This car has had no expense spared on chassis/setup/reliability and is in perfect condition. If anybody has genuine interest pm me and I am not interested in p/ex or swaps. The car is perfect for a non-mechanic/beginner as it is ridiculously reliable and in-expensive to run or a baseline for a hugely competitive car with a bit more power.

10265364_10204117281996071_7365384010673277263_o_zps1adf1e44.jpg

Spec:

03 Nissan 350Z 49K VQ35DE

Uprated Pendulum Inlet Manifold

Japspeed Induction Kit

UpRev mapped by TDP producing 305bhp

Mishimoto radiator with dual uprated fans and shroud

Stillen Exhaust manifolds (not fitted)

Stillen twin de-cats and mid pipes

Japspeed V2 cat-back exhaust

Custom heatshield

ACT single-plate clutch with uprated solid flywheel (rated for 600bhp)

Rebuilt diff with Z1 Motorsport final-drive and brand new Nissan components

Driftworks CS2 Coilovers

Megan Racing Lower Radius Arms

Megan Racing Camber Arms front and rear

Megan Racing front and rear anti-roll bars

Full Part Shop Max Steering Angle Kit

Tein S14 front Tie Rods

Polybushed diff mounts

Full IDC/BDC spec weld in cage with gusset door bars.

Sparco FIA seats X2

Sparco Deep-Dished steering wheel

Sparco 3 inch harnesses X2

Driftworks Hydro

All safety extras (kill swtiches, plumbed in extinguisher etc.)

4 X Rota GTR-D 10x18

2 X Ultralite Nuremberg 18X9.5 et20

Fiberglass doors with custom plexi windows

Fiberglass bootlid with custom plexi window

Fiberglass bonnet

Fiberglass front wings

Nismo sideskirts

Painted Fiat cream (graphics easily removed)

Inside fully painted pink.

Lots more I can't remember,

Price is 10K (no offers/p ex or swaps)

Any questions, feel free to pm me.

Cheers guys.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts guys!

Chris :)

Sorry about the dublicates! No, Galaxy S2 epic fail. Didn't even know it had done that!

I've done some drifting. I just thought it seemed pretty well set up and it also has various safety features I was planning on installing anyway: roll cage, kill switches and fire extinguisher plumbed in, harnesses and racing seats etc...

I've also been looking at other options such as S15s but they seem to go for about £9995 and they don't have the above but do seem cheaper on insurance (which I was surprised about!).

Thanks for any advice!

• Like 1

That car is perfect... for an experienced drifter.

There's no point in learning in something like that as it will be the car doing the hard work not you. Amazing car, great money and a really genuine guy selling it too. But I wouldn't splash out unless you're ready for a decent amount of competition.

Sorry about the dublicates! No, Galaxy S2 epic fail. Didn't even know it had done that!

I've done some drifting. I just thought it seemed pretty well set up and it also has various safety features I was planning on installing anyway: roll cage, kill switches and fire extinguisher plumbed in, harnesses and racing seats etc...

I've also been looking at other options such as S15s but they seem to go for about £9995 and they don't have the above but do seem cheaper on insurance (which I was surprised about!).

Thanks for any advice!

:lol: Did the same thing on my s2.

• Like 1

anything basic, you want to learn in something without massive steering lock I'd say. If you have mental lock, it will stop you from spinning, which sounds great, except it could mean you can never properly drift anything other than that specific car.

Personally, and I think StevoD has gone for the same approach, I've been learning in a basic car and then uprating things as I need to. Then you've got a car for your capabilities and not a monster that you can't get along with. Out of the box, the Z is a fantastic learner car. By all means, buy this car and drift it, it's gorgeous and goes well, you just might struggle :)

• Like 1

Of course not, I learned (and am very much still learning :lol: ) in my 350, it's the only thing I've ever drifted. Really stable and a decent amount of torque. The only thing which I don't like is the price of spare parts if you smash into something :( I also like it because not having a turbo like 200sx's etc I don't really have to worry about trying to keep it into a small power band.

its a lot of money to spend unless you're really serious about drifting, after all its far too compromised for use doing anything else. if I was you i'd buy an old bmw 325 or 328 for peanuts off ebay, strip the interior, weld the diff, then spend a bit of money on coilovers and bucket seats. you'd learn a lot more as you and the car progress together, rather than buying a car which already has everything done.

Also if you're learning you'll need lots of money for wheels and tyres!

• Like 1

yea my first car i learned in and in a stupid way on the streets and roundabouts

was a is200 sport with a stock LSd nothign else other than that and about 40psi in the tyres, i then moved to a 200sx s14 saem again stock power uprated shocks and springs,

now in the 350z the other than look at me parts nothing ive done is because im better than the car or need more, 350z in stock form i would say is a brilliant start car for going out and doing circuits or tracks,

i have had my Z over 2 years now other than coilovers (for the lows innit blud) the only think i think you need is a good bucket seat and harness, i am no were near reaching the full potential of the car yet.

If you've got a BDC license etc that car is brilliant, there Zero way i would imagine it being put back on the road, so you would need a trailer and tow car to get to drift days,

Please dont take the condescendingly as i dont know your level of skill you might just be about able to drift norfolk arena with out spinning or you might be about to do backward entry's at lydden hill, i don't know, but unless your going to and good enough to compete and have proven your self if you want a 350z get what i did a cheap import model to go skid in :)

this is me in my stock 350z just coilovers and bolt ons

Edited by StevoD