Rant...

zippypooz

I think in general most women I know dont seem to view their cars in the same way we do. One of the reasons I bought my current house is that its got a double width driveway which means I can get both my car and my wifes car on there away from the road. I always park my car the furthest away from my neighbours side to reduce any chance of door opening marks and yet my wife still managed to catch the side of my car walking past mine once with her bags.

Then to make matters worse, the neighbour one side, rather than ask her other half to move her car (he parks behind her on their single drive), she will shunt her car back & forth, then sideways actually onto my drive and proceed to do a 3 point turn ON MY DRIVE right next to my £30k beemer before then driving back out on the road and off to work. Its ridiculous.

I remember when I first got my shiney new car home, i parked it up proudly and went inside. Next day I heard all this chainsaw noise going and didnt think much of it. When I went out at lunchtime to my horror the neighbours husband was happily sawing up loads of logs and wood with a chainsaw right next to my new car. My car was totally covered in scratchy saw dust! It had filled up all the rain guttering under the bonnet and everywhere. He then had the cheek to wish me a cheery "good morning". I couldnt believe it, there would be no way id even dream of doing that next to someones car, let alone a brand new one. Got knows why they couldnt have taken the wood out back in their big garden and cut it up there, rather than in the drive. Not only did it take me ages to get the sawdust off my car, I then had to empty my garage and brush tons of the stuff out from where it had got under the garage door and cover everything inside the garage.

• Like 1

I think in general most women I know dont seem to view their cars in the same way we do. One of the reasons I bought my current house is that its got a double width driveway which means I can get both my car and my wifes car on there away from the road. I always park my car the furthest away from my neighbours side to reduce any chance of door opening marks and yet my wife still managed to catch the side of my car walking past mine once with her bags.

Then to make matters worse, the neighbour one side, rather than ask her other half to move her car (he parks behind her on their single drive), she will shunt her car back & forth, then sideways actually onto my drive and proceed to do a 3 point turn ON MY DRIVE right next to my £30k beemer before then driving back out on the road and off to work. Its ridiculous.

I remember when I first got my shiney new car home, i parked it up proudly and went inside. Next day I heard all this chainsaw noise going and didnt think much of it. When I went out at lunchtime to my horror the neighbours husband was happily sawing up loads of logs and wood with a chainsaw right next to my new car. My car was totally covered in scratchy saw dust! It had filled up all the rain guttering under the bonnet and everywhere. He then had the cheek to wish me a cheery "good morning". I couldnt believe it, there would be no way id even dream of doing that next to someones car, let alone a brand new one. Got knows why they couldnt have taken the wood out back in their big garden and cut it up there, rather than in the drive. Not only did it take me ages to get the sawdust off my car, I then had to empty my garage and brush tons of the stuff out from where it had got under the garage door and cover everything inside the garage.

Blimey!!! I know what you mean. Men seem to like their cars more, when i got my zed, most of the comments from women that i know were 'got a mid-life crisis then!!?' Ummm no, i just like cars!! Its like people that dont indicate or say thanks when you let them out, people that use your car as a buffer when parking and people that use a chainsaw next to your nice new car, i just think of them as thoughtless. 'Thoughtless' covers a big variety of things and generally i dont like thoughtless people full stop. In fact i am one of the most thoughtful people in the world!!! haha

If mobile phones can have sensors in them that show direction/movement etc we should be able to buy something that goes into the car! That way you can show the car at a certain recorded time was struck - hey, thats quite a good invention right there! ssssssh don't mention it to anyone!

Thats not a bad point!! Actually what if mobile phones can have sensors in them that show direction/movement etc we should be able to buy something that goes into the car! What do you recon? Remember, this was my idea!!

Funnily enough, if i go to a car park, i always take a photo of the cars either side of me!! so that i have their number plates just in case!! sneaky eh!!

think you'll find most mobiles already have those sensor in them

Dont think she'd be able to use a mobile phone...especially THAT app!!...she cant even reverse!!

Its not an App, its a part of the infrastructure of the car that is parked i.e. if it moves a particular amount (that would constitute a collision) it would then activate a camera on the front and back of the car that took pictures. Culprit caught :D

This time next year rodders...

• Like 1

I always find the most effective thing to do is take a decent key out and write

"TRY AND NOT SEE THIS!!!!!!"

All across her bonnet :)

Paint stripper is another amazing thing lol

Remind me to avoid hitting your car hahaha!!

Oi , women have rights you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They generally have smaller feet as well so as they can nearer to the sink, cooker and washing machine........could be the reason they get so bloody close to my car ;) Plus we men need to take responsibility for creating the female perspective of distance, after all we are always telling them 5 inches is actually 8 inches, perhaps we lost the plot when we invented the parking sensor (man invention for women) and inadvertently applied the same rule :p Don't know about you lot but I always like to think the end of my manhood is further away than it actually is :scare:

• Like 1

Oi , women have rights you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They generally have smaller feet as well so as they can nearer to the sink, cooker and washing machine........could be the reason they get so bloody close to my car ;) Plus we men need to take responsibility for creating the female perspective of distance, after all we are always telling them 5 inches is actually 8 inches, perhaps we lost the plot when we invented the parking sensor (man invention for women) and inadvertently applied the same rule :p Don't know about you lot but I always like to think the end of my manhood is further away than it actually is :scare:

Lmfao Good response!!!!

Haha don't worry somebody already did that trick and wrote my baby off!!

y9a4umyp.jpg

Now in a compony car so that's a different story lol

Haha don't worry somebody already did that trick and wrote my baby off!!

y9a4umyp.jpg

Now in a compony car so that's a different story lol

JEEEZ!! I would have done something id later regret i think!! You must have been gutted!!

No went a long time ago :-(

It was a full non fault accident

And the stupid thing about it iv looked at getting another one looked to see what the insurance would be and it's just gone stupid!!

Went from paying £650 and now there wanting over 2k!!!!!

Figure that Shït out!!!

No went a long time ago :-(

It was a full non fault accident

And the stupid thing about it iv looked at getting another one looked to see what the insurance would be and it's just gone stupid!!

Went from paying £650 and now there wanting over 2k!!!!!

Figure that Shït out!!!

I went with AXA insurance, 300 quid, have you tried them?? 2k is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by zippypooz

If mobile phones can have sensors in them that show direction/movement etc we should be able to buy something that goes into the car! That way you can show the car at a certain recorded time was struck - hey, thats quite a good invention right there! ssssssh don't mention it to anyone!

Col they are called dashcams, most decent ones have sensors to record when there is movement ;)

• Like 1

Col they are called dashcams, most decent ones have sensors to record when there is movement ;)

Ive seen the dash cams, I looked into it as Payco has one but didnt know they did a movement sensor version, thats interesting!! Edited by zippypooz

Ive seen the dash cams, I looked into it as Payco has one but didnt know they did a movement sensor version, thats interesting!!

If you hardwire them in with a battery saver that cuts out under a certain voltage (in case you go away and forget to unplug it) then certain cams do yes.

• Like 1

Bloke was doing similar right next to our new second car (Toyota Aygo) the other day. Using a power saw to chop up the branches he'd been employed to remove from the neighbour's hedge. My other half looked out the window and at one point he's using her brand new car as a table to rest his gloves on. Politely asked him not to and he looks at me like I'm mental. The way I see it someone's car is their personal property and you don't touch it any more than you'd go into their front room and put your hands on their TV etc.

• Like 2