Any Guitarist on here? looking for new guitar!

hensh65

Got a brand new (never played) Les paul Smartwood in a cupboard!!!! Great guitar - better weighted than my previous Les Paul Custom.

Probably not many of them around now but great guitars and different that the usual mainstream blanks.

Also got a '68/69 AC30 amp in the same cupboard......think this one might be worth a couple of quid (when i eventually get the dust of it).

• Like 1

I bought mine on a whim, only went to look at it and deliberately took the Zed so I couldn't buy it due to no room. I loved it, and then ended up unpacking it just to fit it in the car on the way home! :lol:

Just googled hd1. They look really good and good value! Whats the feeling like with no kick on the right foot?

Better than you'd think, given the price. It's got enough recoil on it to give the impression of bouncing off a skin, the only downside is the other pedal is identical which is ace for double kick action, but it's only average if using as a hi-hat.

Still, for what it costs and being able to fold it up it's brilliant, I think.

• Like 1

Better than you'd think, given the price. It's got enough recoil on it to give the impression of bouncing off a skin, the only downside is the other pedal is identical which is ace for double kick action, but it's only average if using as a hi-hat.

Still, for what it costs and being able to fold it up it's brilliant, I think.

Double kick, you had my curiosity now you have my attention :lol:

Do you play it through head phones or have you got a speaker/amp for it?

Going at the weekend to try a few things so hopefully see something I like!

Thats the best way!

I have a rather large collection of guitars and amps, infact I'd say i spend more on music than I do motoring and thats scary really :scare:

I've been quite good that way but when i get more space i will be investing in a electric drum kit.

No doubt i will over spend as you always end up seeing something that hit better that just happens to be 100 or so over budget :lol:

That always happens! I've got an electric drum kit too haha! It's hooked up to a MIDI interface on my computer so i can play a beat, track it in midi on my computer and edit it/record with it.

it's amazing what you can do with recording tech these days, my bedroom can produce studio quality audio for a fraction of the cost :D

• Like 1

Going at the weekend to try a few things so hopefully see something I like!

Thats the best way!

I have a rather large collection of guitars and amps, infact I'd say i spend more on music than I do motoring and thats scary really :scare:

I've been quite good that way but when i get more space i will be investing in a electric drum kit.

No doubt i will over spend as you always end up seeing something that hit better that just happens to be 100 or so over budget :lol:

That always happens! I've got an electric drum kit too haha! It's hooked up to a MIDI interface on my computer so i can play a beat, track it in midi on my computer and edit it/record with it.

it's amazing what you can do with recording tech these days, my bedroom can produce studio quality audio for a fraction of the cost :D

Yeah even the likes of Garageband which comes with your mac, so don't actually pay anthing additional for it. You can create just as good as most studios if you have the time to do it. I used Sonar when I was younger which I didn't find as easy to use as garageband. Heard good things about logic pro but trying to get the time to start and finish something is hard to come by!

• Like 1

Yea man, I've just moved house and that along with going to the gym, working and gigging I don't have much time for recording unfortunately.

Still setting up a mini studio in my spare room tho! i've never used garageband as I'm no good with a mac, I use logic and mixcraft depending on what I need recording.

What sort of music do you play? Do you play in any bands or anything?

Yea man, I've just moved house and that along with going to the gym, working and gigging I don't have much time for recording unfortunately.

Still setting up a mini studio in my spare room tho! i've never used garageband as I'm no good with a mac, I use logic and mixcraft depending on what I need recording.

Garageband is really easy to use, I normally hook my boss pedal up but you don't really need to. You can just plug in, choose what amp you want ie fender, marshall, blackstar and soo on. Choose what pedal effects you want and then you can fiddle about with them till you get a decent sound. The general layout and workings are really simple and easy to pick up.

My previous band just recently split up but do stand ins every now and then just until I find another band. The things I play vary massively. On the electric I tend to blast out a lot of metal, Killswitch engage, Avenged sevenfold, rise to remain and the like. Equally I play a lot of acoustic things from either Tommy Emmanuel or Andy Mckee.

What about you?

• Like 1

Garageband is really easy to use, I normally hook my boss pedal up but you don't really need to. You can just plug in, choose what amp you want ie fender, marshall, blackstar and soo on. Choose what pedal effects you want and then you can fiddle about with them till you get a decent sound. The general layout and workings are really simple and easy to pick up.

My previous band just recently split up but do stand ins every now and then just until I find another band. The things I play vary massively. On the electric I tend to blast out a lot of metal, Killswitch engage, Avenged sevenfold, rise to remain and the like. Equally I play a lot of acoustic things from either Tommy Emmanuel or Andy Mckee.

What about you?

Im liking this thread! I am a keen drummer been playing for about 18 years and the guitar for about 6! I can see it now. Neil p on the keys, chris on guitar, me on drums...... just need a basist now. lol

• Like 1

What about you?

Im liking this thread! I am a keen drummer been playing for about 18 years and the guitar for about 6! I can see it now. Neil p on the keys, chris on guitar, me on drums...... just need a basist now. lol

I'm learning... Rubbish, but learning :lol:

What about you?

Neil can sing as well, never seen such a beast of guy listen to such gay music in my life :lol:

• Like 2

Ah I didn't realize garageband had built in amp models etc, I prefer to mic up my amps if I'm recording but it can be a right pain to get right and it's a very loud way of doing things, sounds great when it's finished tho!

I'm similar to you, I play all sorts really. I grew up playing metal, killswitch, bullet etc but I also write acoustic stuff and record hiphop backing tracks etc. Aside from that i play bass in a band which is my baby at the minute and where most of my spare time goes.

I also just bought an american telecaster and a blues junior and it's great fun learning to play all the hendrix style stuff, the thing really sings.

Edit. Would have helped if i quoted convo, this was meant for hensh65.

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1

Lake Zed, Zed fest, Wales 2015,,,,, Why book entertainment when we can join forces to create some music :lol:

Me and Dan on guitar

Jay on drums

nowhereboy on bass

Neilp on keys

Tattooandy and his beard up front

Aliveboy on his guitarhero guitar at the side :lol:

This should happen!

• Like 2

Lake Zed, Zed fest, Wales 2015,,,,, Why book entertainment when we can join forces to create some music :lol:

Me and Dan on guitar

Jay on drums

nowhereboy on bass

Neilp on keys

Tattooandy and his beard up front

Aliveboy on his guitarhero guitar at the side :lol:

This should happen!

I've already been talking with martin about my band playing a Z event at some point next year.... A forum colaberation would be hillarious tho :D

• Like 1

What about you?

Neil can sing as well, never seen such a beast of guy listen to such gay music in my life :lol:

Everybody loves a bit of mcfly and westlife :thumbs:
  • Like 1

You also might wanna check out a Gibson Les Paul BFG as a cheaper option. Around £550 second hand.

Here is me playing mine (using the neck P90) through my Marshall SL5

Nice sound and good playing mate :thumbs:

As I said about the SG etc, the necks are far too chubby for the things i tend to play.