Installing spacers

gstraw

Hey

I've got done eibach spacers and I was wondering if the new studs are already pre tightened? They seem pretty right but just wanted to check.

Spacers I've seen in the past requires you to put threadlock and tighten the bolts in yourself.

Thanks

I think you will find the studs are pressed in on eibach's so you should need to do nothing except fit them.

The type that screw in have a recommendation for thread lock so the stud does not unscrew itself from the spacer as you tighten the wheel nut :)

This is only my opinion if all your wheels fall off don't blame me ;):lol:

If they are Eibech spacers like below then they will just need installing, no alterations to the studs at all.

-b-mazda-rx-8-eibach-wheel-spacers-b--1359-p.jpg

That's how the 350z ones come and I can't imagine its any different for 370z, I sure someone will confirm 100%

EDIT: Damn you Keyser, too quick

Edited by Hooch

Spacers will not affect your camber, castor or toe so an alignment would not be necessary. They might affect your steering axis offset which may in turn mean slightly more tyre scrub but I doubt you'll ever notice.

Now, if you were to lower the car...then you'll possibly need new adjustable camber arms toe bolts and then the need for an expensive alignment.

• 2 weeks later...