Can anyone recommend me a plastic trim restorer?

303 is water based. Whilst it is great for interior trim and under the bonnet, it simply washes off as soon as it gets wet so it's virtually useless on exterior trim in this country.

I'm interested in this comment - but in no position to refute it - as the product description claims that it is suitable for all manner of exterior dressing applications including tyres, it surely must expect tyres to get wet occasionally?

Is that just the Americans making unsubstantiable claims again! They'll be promising 'peace in our time' next.

I'd better watch that water based gloss paint I've just painted all over my external woodwork as well!

I'll give the nanolex a try next time.

Is it bad to use IPA neat or just a waste?

On paint, it's bad. As I understand it, the softer the paint the more likely you are to damage/weaken it with a strong mix of IPA. I'm not so sure on plastics or rubber, although I'd imagine there's a fair chance of damaging older, more degraded surfaces with neat IPA. Glass, however, is fine at any strength.

I'm interested in this comment - but in no position to refute it - as the product description claims that it is suitable for all manner of exterior dressing applications including tyres, it surely must expect tyres to get wet occasionally?

Is that just the Americans making unsubstantiable claims again! They'll be promising 'peace in our time' next.

Not so much making unsustainable claims, but rather aiming products at a market with different weather. ;) There are certain parts of America where rain is as much a novelty there as sun is here, in such cases using it as on the exterior isn't so much of an issue.

After all, it's completely unheard of for companies marketing to exceed the products real-life abilities of course.

I'd better watch that water based gloss paint I've just painted all over my external woodwork as well!

Because that's the same thing. :rolleyes: