Anyone any experience of JVC Headunits?

Lexx

I'm looking to ditch the crappy pioneer single DIN and replace it with another Single Din but of a better brand.

I had initially thought of getting an Alpine CDE-178BT.

However, I have stumbled across the JVC KD-AVX33 single DIN DVD units and they can be picked up relatively cheaply second hand.

I've only ever seen the JVC standard CD players, and always thought they looked pretty naff.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone has actually used JVC HU's and how did they rate them?

I got one in the Skyline, think it is the 851BT or something like that. I am not hooking up subs or anything like that so wanted something cheaper and full of features. I compared across brands and for what you get it seemed like the best deal with a reliable enough name.

Certainly does the job, paid £75 for it and its got bluetooth handsfree which works well, USB, Aux, and can play music via BT off my iPhone.

The looks are a bit marmite but to be honest who actually looks at their head unit that often?

I used to have a single din JVC KD-AVX11 DVD/CD player in my old Impreza.

For a small screen the DVD quality was excellent and of course the music sounded great as JVC are great quality imo. :thumbs:

kd_avx11.jpg

That's one of the other units I've been looking at on fleaBay. Good to hear they live up to it.

:thumbs:

I bought a cheap one on here and its actually pretty decent for the money. Cant remember the model though, think it may be the avx640

+1 for this model, served me well for 2 and a half years

AVX810 here, Muddy's old one and its full of features that I've not even got round to hooking up.

Video in and out

Rear Camera

Digital Out

USB and SD capable

DVD

CD

Telephone

Bluetooth iPhone

Just a few of the umpteen things it can do.

Okay its a double DIN but they're really good and packed with features.