Advice guys/girls

zxrob

Admiral/Elephant are pretty good if you put him as a main driver and put yourself as a named driver - brings it down a lot!

I've done that for the 1st year of owning Z...it was 1800 on my own and 800 with my mum as a named driver :lol:

Edited by Vlad

If discovered he is the primary user of the vehicle then it will invalidate the insurance.

I did it with my parents...

Although I do the old 'parent on the insurance' fiddle now.

Try a multicar policy through admiral put yourself as a secondary driver on his policy.

I still add my mum as a named driver... I'm 27

If they're a secondary named driver I reckon that's perfectly pukka though. It's when you try and fiddle it by putting them as the primary driver and the young death machine as the secondary that it's flying close to the wind

• 5 weeks later...

new corsa or second hand? if you buy new corsa's from a vauxhall garage atm you can get a year's insurance for £99 with a black box fitted, if he drives well throughout the year the £99 gets returned to him quarterly (making it free) and he'll have a year's NCB at the end of it.

if it's second hand i recommend setting up the policy in his name with one or more experienced people as named drivers (e.g. yourself/your partner etc.), it'll be expensive but as another forum member said it's beneficial to start earning NCB asap.

also keep in mind that when he passes his test, the insurance prices often increase. this is because as a learner there is always going to be an experienced driver in the vehicle with him (by law) whereas someone who's passed their test no longer has this restriction.