350z Roadster PX towards E70 X5 3.0d, Q7 3.0 tdi, A5 3.0 tdi Quattro

Kev

I was supposed to be selling my 350z roadster, but I can't bring myself to.

I've grown attached to it and I hate selling cars of this type anyway due to bad experiences in the past.

I'm also sure if I do sell it my other half will have a few good ideas on how to spend the cash.

I would be willing to trade or PX it towards any of the above.

My car is a 2005 Roadster GT, Black, 38,500 miles, 1 previous owner, FSH, Rays, 11 months mot, 5 months tax and just had new pads and discs all round.

It's a long shot but if anyone is or knows someone who maybe interested PM me.

Thanks.

Edit, can't seem to delete this thread. No longer looking to trade.

47581be63c91b54cc5451f64d4305708.jpg

5fbd565e3d50e4c84ee1bd9015c907b1.jpg

d78cca7cc49307b613e384f0a40541c0.jpg

8881d91b1a88d35060d1f24624ff85e2.jpg

5c26905552e543b7a096436591949431.jpg

Edited by Kev

Looks lovely. I am in the same position, husband has now lost his company van due to cut backs so my roadster has to go in favour of a diesel estate daily wagon for the dogs to trash around in too.

Are the roadsters hard to shift then? Is it better to ask for a swap rather than outright sale.

At least whatever you swap for will give you som smile factor, ours will be some daily mile muncher. Sunny days will never be the same again......................................

Looks lovely. I am in the same position, husband has now lost his company van due to cut backs so my roadster has to go in favour of a diesel estate daily wagon for the dogs to trash around in too.

Are the roadsters hard to shift then? Is it better to ask for a swap rather than outright sale.

At least whatever you swap for will give you som smile factor, ours will be some daily mile muncher. Sunny days will never be the same again......................................

I don't think it would be hard to sell. Especially with the mileage and history. I've not even tried to sell it.

I just hate selling cars. Especially quick cars under £10k. I don't like dealing with the chavs, tyre kickers and timewasters.

I could do with a diesel as I will be driving to Birmingham every other weekend for the forseeable future.

If you have to get a diesel estate get a 335d or a 535d.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

I've been offered a good price, but against a car that's done 125,000 miles.

I'm gonna give it a miss. Modern diesels get expensive to maintain once the miles start to rack up.

See if tradelink have anything suitable. They seem to like 350z's and should give you a fair PX price.

Edited by Kev

Thanks Kev, seems madness to swap a 350z for a diesel with 125k on it!!!!!!!

It's always harder when you really don't want to sell in the first place.

If we can find a decent diesel for around 1500 then I will keep the zed and use savings to buy an estate. Not as easy as it sounds though. The guy at Tradelink was very helpful when I spoke to him recently so will keep an eye on their stock.

Good luck with yours whatever you decide.

This time of year roadsters in general seem to go up in price. You only have to look at junction21 or whatever they are called in Peterborough and some of the prices they are asking for old roadsters are just staggering imo.

Thanks for the advice, being offered insulting part ex against an estate at the moment which has done twice the miles and 2k on top.

Tempted to make hubby get a bike and the dogs can walk!

You will find trade in prices are always really low, especially on cars like the zed. When I was trying to decide what to do with my 2007 HR Roadster which was fully loaded, the trade in against a new BMW was coming in at about £9k, when privately they were selling for £12k and would be about £13k on a dealers forecourt. The problem I had at the time was that not many people like the costs of running a 3.5 V6 nor had £12k or so spare, so rather than try to sell privately I just went for the part ex option. I also got a good price on the car I was buying so it kind of off-set it a little.

If we can find a decent diesel for around 1500 then I will keep the zed and use savings to buy an estate. Not as easy as it sounds though.

The problem with that idea is that you then have 2 lots of MOT, TAX, Insurance and running costs. Plus you can only use your NCB on one car, so you`ll end up paying full wack on the cheapie diesels insurance unless you can insure the car in the other persons name and use some of their NCB.(assuming they have some)

Including the fuel costs of my daily commute, I worked out when I had my 350z that it was costing me £1250 a month all in. Thats not incl any finance as I always pay cash for my cars.

My wife had (at the time) an old banger Peugeot 307HDI diesel, and assuming I used her NCB to insure it, I worked out that if I was to use that instead it would cost me something like £400 a month. If I used both cars at the same time - splitting the week between them, then the combined costs came to about £800 or something, so id make a nice "saving" over using the zed exclusively. So, I decided to run both at once for about 6 months which worked out well. I found I enjoyed the zed more as I was driving it for "fun" a lot more, rather than just boring daily commuting.

However, what i did in the end though was just to sell both off and buy a BMW 123d coupe which kinda gave me the best of both worlds, its got a 6.something 0-60, bags of torque, its still front engined & RWD, handles better than my HR did and returns 50mpg. Running costs come to slightly less than it was costing me to run both the old cars.

So you really have to sit down and work it all out, lots of things to think about!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info above, you are right in my case, would be easier to part ex rather than running 2 cars, just a bit gutting to lose so much on the Zed.

The key will be finding a part ex that we feel we got a good deal on to make it less painful. Thanks very much for your advice.

Good luck Kev whatever you decide with yours

Thanks

I got offered a really good price for mine today against a a5 3.0 tdi quattro.

It had every option I wanted but it has a cream interior. I hate cream leather interiors.

I'm sure you will find a good deal eventually.

£7k is too low for yours.

Especially compared to some of the cars you see sold on here.

It was hardly left to rot!

You leave your car in the Lowry car park for 7 months and see how much it costs you. :)

It was left in one of the indoor secure parking spaces that cost his company £1000's a year rather than outside on a drive as it wasn't being used. Owner was reluctant to sell it so it sat for 7 months.

It has 1 prev owner, 38k miles, fsh and every receipt from new.

It only needed new brakes, tyres and a front bumper re spray due to a parking scrape in the multi storey.

Edited by Kev

Thanks

I got offered a really good price for mine today against a a5 3.0 tdi quattro.

It had every option I wanted but it has a cream interior. I hate cream leather interiors.

I'm sure you will find a good deal eventually.

£7k is too low for yours.

Especially compared to some of the cars you see sold on here.

Agree with you on the cream leather! Why is it every dealer treats you like a leper when you want to sell a 350 roadster but when you want to buy one they are like hens teeth.

Best px I have had so far was 7500 against an overpriced German mile muncher with double the miles and 2 service stamps in 8 years! Plus I would have to pay money on top.

Are they really that difficult to sell compared to a coupe?

Edited by zeddy addict

I think your car would sell quickly if you advertise it on here. Especially compared to some of the recent valuation threads.

I've been offered £7,900 for mine in PX without the plate. I thought that was fair but the car as previously mentioned had cream leather. :(

I think I could sell mine easily enough. It's just I'm not sure if I want to and cba with time wasters and chavs.

Before owning a z I preferred the coupe as I'm not a fan of cabrios.

There is no chance I'd swap my roadster for a coupe now though. I love the sound with the roof down and due to the high door line and "humps" behind the seats, you don't feel "on show" like you do in most cabrios. They don't feel as open, if that makes sense?

Edited by Kev

Think you are right Kev, the zed is one of the very few than can carry it off being convertible and still look macho.

To be honest I might just trade it in, already tried to be scammed twice and getting nervous now of people coming round. Not that anyone has actually seen it yet! Had some guy offer me a straight swap against a car that he described as a BMW touring 330 MANUAL with xenons, 41k and full service history. Just wanted a straight swap, yet this car was worth 10k all day long. Asked for a picture and got one picture only, eventually,of an automatic with everything blacked out! Then said he had been offered 9k for his and would buy mine outright for the asking price of £8995 with cash or bacs.

Weirdest thing was he had no phone as he had been out of the country? Would communicate only by email and kept asking me for my phone number and address, said he would come and have a look that evening once I had given him my address and would phone me en route from his girlfriend's phone?! My phone number was in the ad but he never called once. I asked him to call me on my landline to have a chat and arrange a viewing but he never did........needless to say I didn't give him my address.

Still can't work out what his angle was but it has put me off selling privately. What has your experience been? Have you decided to keep yours now Kev?

If I get the right deal I'll let it go, but I'm in no rush as it's my second car anyway.

I'm enjoying it with the weather at the moment. If I can find the bits I want for it I could be tempted to keep it for another summer.

With regard to the guy you mentioned, I wouldn't let him anywhere near. He would probably try to steal it on a test drive.

I've had one idiot try that years ago and another with £6k of fake £20's. Not worth the hassle IMO.

• Like 1