Autofinesse Tough Coat Sealant

Sy1441

Washed the car this morning then waxed it using Poorboys Natty's Blue. Thought id try out the auto finesse tough coat sealant and used it after the wax. It seemed to take the shine away so i'm guessing i'm doing something wrong!

When should I be using this product if at all?

Souldn't the sealant go down first to allow it bond with the paint surface? Then wax on top for gloss?

I could be totally wrong so many products have different rules.

i would do it the other way round. Edited by cmck13

Souldn't the sealant go down first to allow it bond with the paint surface? Then wax on top for gloss depth?

That.

Plus, Tough Coat is quite solvent heavy so the chances are that it's weakened the wax beneath it and durability will be massively compromised.

That said, TC is quite glossy so if it's removing some of the gloss, you're probably using too much product and/or buffing before it's fully cured, at a guess (it's difficult to be certain without seeing it).

I used AF Tough Coat and found it gave a superb finish, applied it after machine polishing and NO wax.

I've now moved on to use Fuso Soft 99 which may be a hybrid between a sealant and a soft wax. Pleased with the finish and ease of application.

David