Cadwell Park - Opinions ?

Suits

Thinking of making the trek up north and doing a full day at Cadwell, not done this circuit before and was wondering what peoples thoughts were of it.

With the 370Z being a bit of a lumpy beast and Cadwell being a narrow tight track in areas, I'm was thinking it might be a bit unsuited.

We'd probably make a couple day trip of it, saves the 4 hour drive before of after.

Anyway, anyone been and have anything to say about it ??

:)

from all the tracks i have done it was one of the most intimidating, it is very tight, they let a lot of cars on track in the open pit sessions and if you go off you are very likely to hit something.

When we last went it was red flagged 4 times in the morning and 4 times in the afternoon as cars had gone off and came back, well not as they left the pit.

Great track though, a lot of fun

• Like 1

Great Will, thank you.

That kind of confirms a one of my concerns, very little run off.

A few mates have said it's like a mini British Ring.

I've driven the Nurburgring a few times, maybe 10 laps over the years and where I do find it fun, I'd be hard pushed to say that I enjoy it all that much, I find it more of an experience than an enjoyment as it's terribly unforgiving.

I feel this type of circuit will be better suited to smaller/lighter type of car.

If I was going to travel all that way I'd maybe more enclosed to do say Anglesey.

Cadwell was my mates suggestion.

As Will said, when we went three weeks ago, (we were on track with the BMW not the zeds) the first 2/3 hours was mayhem. Car being transported back to the pits with various bits missing or hanging off.

This would be great track to drive if less cars out on circuit at a time.

The zed will handle Cadwell very well, but you will have to be more watchful of other cars on track than most circuits.

Hope you have a good track day.

• Like 1

Saying its a little british version of the ring is very apt. Timidating at first but once you get into your stride it could be very rewarding. I never got that far though as the beemer dumped all its power steering fluid at lunch time

• Like 1

I live a few miles away from Cadwell, and have done quite a few tracks up this way including Cadwell. You have to remember that it does hold international bike races, hence it is more suitable and designed for that use, quite a tight course. However if you have nerves of steel its a bit of a test but I agree you do get your fair shares of bent cars.

Personally I would try Donington Park or Blyton Park that are close by, a lot more forgiving but of course you need to stay on the tarmac, grass is you enemy especially if you side ways on. :scare:

• Like 1