North Wingfield GT4

Just a quick hi to everyone, I've taken the plunge and bought an unregistered 350Z GT4. Should be on the road 1st Sept on a 57 plate.

Son can't wait to have a play...not on your life :p

I hope it lives up to expectations

Cheers Paul

:welcome:

Nice choice of colour, I had one of those too till recently. There are a few members in your area and one of them, Jonathon73, posted up a link with your car on it about 6 months ago. Hope you didn't pay too much for it as there have now been two further revisions of the car since the GT4 was released :blush:

That looks like a car huntington Chester tryed to sell me!! If it is its actually an 05 gt4 as there is no such thing as a 57 gt4 buddy.

I would certainly do a bit more investigating before you drive this off the forcourt :thumbs: as you may be able to get an 06 for the same price.

That looks like a car huntington Chester tryed to sell me!! If it is its actually an 05 gt4 as there is no such thing as a 57 gt4 buddy.

I would certainly do a bit more investigating before you drive this off the forcourt :thumbs: as you may be able to get an 06 for the same price.

Well, it will be a 57 GT4 if its registered in september ;)

To say it is an 05 GT4 is incorrect. My UY GT4 was an 06 plate as it was registered later than most but nowhere near as late as this one.

This car is a MY03-05 with the 296 bhp rev up engine that is in the MY06 version. This car has the newish engine but the very first interior. Next came the MY06 (new interior) and now the MY07.

I would be a little wary about paying too much for it as it now has outdated interior and now engine. Although it is the best colour :teeth:B)

Well, it will be a 57 GT4 if its registered in september ;)

To say it is an 05 GT4 is incorrect. My UY GT4 was an 06 plate as it was registered later than most but nowhere near as late as this one.

This car is a MY03-05 with the 296 bhp rev up engine that is in the MY06 version. This car has the newish engine but the very first interior. Next came the MY06 (new interior) and now the MY07.

I would be a little wary about paying too much for it as it now has outdated interior and now engine. Although it is the best colour :teeth:B)

Ok but i think i'm right in saying this car would have been manufactured in 2005, the car in Chester was up for sale for around £27000 ish(can't remember the correct value). One of my questions would be "why has this car been sleeping for so long?"

I understand that this is signwizards first post and may not be fully aware of this, but on the other hand, if you have fallen in love with this car and it feels right for you then go for it, but as Sarnie said be wary about the price you are paying cause if it is about the same price as an 06, 56 then you will be losing out on the updated interior. :thumbs:

Hope this doesn't sound like i'm putting you off the zed as what ever spec you buy its an amazing car :teeth:

The car was obviously built in 2005, but as it was never registered it will be entitled to a 57 plate on the first of Sept and as it still only has 6 miles on the clock so still pretty unique IMO.

Surprisingly ( I think anyway) Nissan will still give it a 3 year warranty.

It was exported to Cyprus and spent its life in a dealers showroom, it must have been trailered everywhere as it didn't travel far under its own steam.

Cheers Paul

The car was obviously built in 2005, but as it was never registered it will be entitled to a 57 plate on the first of Sept and as it still only has 6 miles on the clock so still pretty unique IMO.

It was exported to Cyprus and spent its life in a dealers showroom, it must have been trailered everywhere as it didn't travel far under its own steam.

Cheers Paul

Can't understand why it was exported to Cyprus, only to bring it back. :wacko:

Anyhow welcome to the forum and well done for choosing the best colour. :thumbs:

Cheers Paul

Welcome mate :yahoo:

That's right enough on Warranty, the car has not been driven or registered so Warranty starts at the point of registration....so will an MOT in 2010 :teeth:

Hi! & welcome ! :welcome:

Nice choice of colour - the best I reckon. Though of course Im not biassed in any way :blush:

These Yellow GT4s are starting to get a bit common round these parts! This will be the 4th I know of in the Chesterfield area. Clearly a town with good taste.

There are a few points that certainly need raising about this car. Firstly why has it been sat on the shelf for getting on two and half years?

I would hope that the price is CONSIDERABLY lower than any other new 350z, as has been said, there have been two further revisions of the Z since the GT4, although the GT4 does have the main component of the first change in 06, which is the engine.

In the future if you wish to sell, buyers may well want to know why this GT4 was left on the shelf for 2.5 years before being registered, so Id make sure you are 100% happy with the story you get from them on this point, and it would certainly be a story that many of us would like to hear Im sure.

Will the dealer/Nissan confirm that you will still have a full 3 year warranty from the time of purchase? I could see things being complicated if/when the dealer puts in a warranty claim to Nissan for a GT4 in 2010 for example.

Another minor issue - the original GT4's when new came with a Sony Playstation 2 and a copy of the GT4 game. As this is effectively a new car, then you want all the trimmings that came ith a new car - Im guessing in the 2.5 years this has been hanging around, the Playstation may have made its way from the boot and into some dealers kids bedroom - if thats the case then Id be asking them to get down to gamestation and pick one up - it should be in with the new car after all.

Other than the price, history/story then its still a cracking buy, and a great car. Im sure you will be more than happy with it, though can we agree to park at opposite ends of the line to each other at any meets around Chesterfield? - we dont want people thinking they are common :lol:

Dont forget, this GT4 will fall into the new (thanks Gordon) road tax braket, which will be £400 next year, and £300 this year. Most other GT4's, due to their registration date, are in the lower bracket (although they have the same engine). Possibly another haggling point with the dealer, get them to chuck in the difference perhaps?

Son can't wait to have a play...not on your life :p

Cheers Paul

Welcome! I finally caved in and let my 19 year old have a quick drive down a back country road with me in the passenger seat. He's a good driver but it was a bit hairy as we leapt forward in first gear!

Welcome! Best colour!!

Dont forget to tell us the limited edition number. It should be on a plate mounted just between and behind the seats. There should also be a spare plate (in the storage cubby?).

Mine was also missing the front air dam (chin spoiler) so check that this isn't missing (fits below front bumper).

Great choice!

Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Don't be put off by the comments. We're a big family on here and people are just being protective to ensure you don't get ripped off. :)

I would make sure they can guarantee that the car is a full UK spec and one of the original run (176 I think?) of GT4's. I only mention this as car supermarkets do a lot of parallel importing of Japanese cars from Cyprus. Cypriot market cars won't have the weather protection of a UK car and may have specs differences. Possibly worth investigating further why a UK car was sent over to Cyprus but it may be as simple as there being no official imports of the GT4/Anniversary model to the island.

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. :teeth:

Nice choice of colour - the best I reckon. Though of course Im not biassed in any way :blush:

These Yellow GT4s are starting to get a bit common round these parts! This will be the 4th I know of in the Chesterfield area. Clearly a town with good taste.

There are a few points that certainly need raising about this car. Firstly why has it been sat on the shelf for getting on two and half years?

I would hope that the price is CONSIDERABLY lower than any other new 350z, as has been said, there have been two further revisions of the Z since the GT4, although the GT4 does have the main component of the first change in 06, which is the engine.

In the future if you wish to sell, buyers may well want to know why this GT4 was left on the shelf for 2.5 years before being registered, so Id make sure you are 100% happy with the story you get from them on this point, and it would certainly be a story that many of us would like to hear Im sure.

Will the dealer/Nissan confirm that you will still have a full 3 year warranty from the time of purchase? I could see things being complicated if/when the dealer puts in a warranty claim to Nissan for a GT4 in 2010 for example.

Another minor issue - the original GT4's when new came with a Sony Playstation 2 and a copy of the GT4 game. As this is effectively a new car, then you want all the trimmings that came ith a new car - Im guessing in the 2.5 years this has been hanging around, the Playstation may have made its way from the boot and into some dealers kids bedroom - if thats the case then Id be asking them to get down to gamestation and pick one up - it should be in with the new car after all.

Other than the price, history/story then its still a cracking buy, and a great car. Im sure you will be more than happy with it, though can we agree to park at opposite ends of the line to each other at any meets around Chesterfield? - we dont want people thinking they are common :lol:

Dont forget, this GT4 will fall into the new (thanks Gordon) road tax braket, which will be £400 next year, and £300 this year. Most other GT4's, due to their registration date, are in the lower bracket (although they have the same engine). Possibly another haggling point with the dealer, get them to chuck in the difference perhaps?

Hi all

I do intend to get a letter or provenance for the car from the UK Nissan dealer just to clarify a few points, plus it can only help with any future sale. Its just a colour thing...the yellow does it for me, I saw one outside my business premises a few months ago and that was that!

The PS2 has gone..checked that straight away, my understanding is the car was exported to Cyprus in 2005 to a Nissan dealers showroom and there it stayed until recently re-imported. With delivery miles and a 57 reg its still a fairly unique vehicle - it was never gonna be cheap and I know for a few £K more a trip down to the local Nissan dealer would get me the latest model, but to be quite honest I really wouldn't bother.

I had a red Evo VIII for half a day a couple of years ago...I wanted, I needed a yellow car and to me this is prettiest yellow beast you can buy.

Cheers Paul

Hi all

I do intend to get a letter or provenance for the car from the UK Nissan dealer just to clarify a few points, plus it can only help with any future sale. Its just a colour thing...the yellow does it for me, I saw one outside my business premises a few months ago and that was that!

The PS2 has gone..checked that straight away, my understanding is the car was exported to Cyprus in 2005 to a Nissan dealers showroom and there it stayed until recently re-imported. With delivery miles and a 57 reg its still a fairly unique vehicle - it was never gonna be cheap and I know for a few £K more a trip down to the local Nissan dealer would get me the latest model, but to be quite honest I really wouldn't bother.

I had a red Evo VIII for half a day a couple of years ago...I wanted, I needed a yellow car and to me this is prettiest yellow beast you can buy.

Cheers Paul

You sound like a bloke who knows his own mind. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

Hi Paul,

Whereabouts are your business premises? I have a feeling I may know who that yellow one parked outside them might have been :blush::lol:

Coney Green, Clay Cross - I'd never seen a yellow 350Z before and it was parked opposite me....straight onto G**gle and read up on the GT4 info.

Gordon L*mbs have got one so went for a peek a couple of weeks ago, needs paint and front alloys refurbing miles were high also, so gave it a miss...but it looked great even in the rain!!

Does the club keep any records of build dates (not reg dates) for GT4's I assume Nissan could probably knock out 176 in a single shift :blush:

If anyone local wants to show me theirs (car !!) before next weekend and give me a few pointers to lookout for on a GT4 I'd be grateful - I know the PS2 has gone but I don't want to find out later other things have too.

Cheers /P