STOLEN!! Seat Leon Cupra P90 DLC

Vlad

My mates Seat Lean was stolen today from Rugby, Warwickshire at around 16:30.

Was nicked off his drive...house got broken in to and keys taken.

REG: P90 DLC

Silver Seat Leon Cupra

photo_zps91bf1099.jpg

Looks like its been nicked to order...as he is got pretty mint scooby as well and they didn't touch it!

My other mate has same car - and someone tried to nick it off his drive as well...but without keys...tried dragging it onto back of recovery track...ripped rear bumper apart and left!

Edited by Vlad

Why dont cars have PIN codes?

Like when you put the keys in the ignition, you have to put your pin in else it will not start.

iPhones are more secure than cars these days.

Sorry, thinking out loud here.

My mum had a crappy 1.1 saxo years ago, it didn't even have power steering but it did have a pin code. I think it's a great idea

Like when you put the keys in the ignition, you have to put your pin in else it will not start.

My mum had a crappy 1.1 saxo years ago, it didn't even have power steering but it did have a pin code. I think it's a great idea

Dont need a pin code..fingerprint scanner far easier.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i would agree but they stole they cars with the keys

what if you have no hands

what if you have no hands

iris scanner then... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lol what would the point in my theory be if you only needed keys to start it. Read it again.

• Like 1

Lol what would the point in my theory be if you only needed keys to start it. Read it again.

maybe i should have edited your quote (as above) i think its easier to hack an i phone than start a car without keys

maybe i should have edited your quote (as above) i think its easier to hack an i phone than start a car without keys

I actually think that would be a good test to carry out, I have a feeling it would be harder to hack an iPhone with PIN that a car without the keys! :p

I actually think that would be a good test to carry out, I have a feeling it would be harder to hack an iPhone with PIN that a car without the keys! :p

Lame, if it was a glitch it would have been patched by now.

Plus all he got was the contacts list. Still useless.

Also, like an iPhone it can be tracked when lost and service blocked. Why don't all cars to a certain value have trackers? Obviously this adds to cost, but for someone looking to spend money on a performance car or car with higher value than your usual runaround why not add a tracker into the cost. And invent one that can shut it down!

I should go in to Car security or something. Or apple should make cars.

i think there are some systems that can remotely shut down a vehicle just guessing everything thats needed to put it into a mass production car bares to much cost to make it viable

ny idea why this wont embed Edited by StevoD

If someone really wants a car they will find a way to get it. Wasn't it a few years ago there was a spate of car jacking in London, where owners were literally pulled out of their cars, and some guy even got stabbed and died!?

Personally I would rather they take the car off the drive and leave the house/people alone. Though sometimes it does seem far too easy to steal new cars....My BMW can be unlocked and started in about 30 seconds from its OBD port, and so can most Audis, including the new RS4 :(

Edited by gangzoom