Gossip from the dealers - High repost potential, soflame me!

mugwump

Went into the dealer today to get my lambda sensor fixed.....

anyhoo.... Whilst waiting I had a chat with the salesman and I asked when I would be able to take delivery of a GTR :teeth: well I had to ask, and during the chat he mentioned that there is to be a folding hardtop version of the 350Z with a glass roof (similar concept to the Micra CC roof) which is due to be released before 2010.

Anyone else heard similar mutterings?????

I find it hilarious that:

-> Even at the technical centre in Uk no one knows anything about this car, or very little by a very very select few...the dealers will talk like they know ... specially UK ones which are franchises, not even NMGB owned dealerships...

-> that the dealers have no spec on this car, very little idea of what it will be and no idea if they will even get it ( other than the fact that the CEO of Nissan Motors said it would be a "global car" and it is being tested in Nurburgring...)

Dealers read the same autoexpress comics that we can read...to get the "latest" gossips

So read the gossip magazines and web pages around the world and you will have the same knowledge of future models as a dealer will.

GT-R is one of the best kept secrets in Nissan globally... ( to the point that the words are barely mentioned in public discussion) ....but i guess they have to wet peoples appetite to get added sales

My guess ...???

New 370Z coupe and ROADSTER ( maybe with a tin glass top) ;)

GT-R Coupe only...

Considering that most dealers I spoke to, didn't have ANY details about the 2007 350z until a week before it came out, I'd find it suprising that any had any insider info..... I mean, I was telling THEM about the car!

More like brown smelly stuff to me :blush:

My dealer is so incompetent that when I went in to trade in for a 07 Z he said there were two different engines. A normal one and an "R". I laughed so hard. He didn't get a sale. :teeth: I did try to explain to him that he must be referring to the 06 as normal and the 07 as R as they only took delivery in June but he was having none of it.

My dealer is so incompetent that when I went in to trade in for a 07 Z he said there were two different engines. A normal one and an "R". I laughed so hard. He didn't get a sale. :teeth: I did try to explain to him that he must be referring to the 06 as normal and the 07 as R as they only took delivery in June but he was having none of it.

:lol:

I'm sorry but thats just hysterical! How can they attempt to sell anything with zero product knowledge!!!

:lol:

When we are on the subject of dealers I've just spent 3 weeks trying to get the financing sorted on my new 07 Z. The damn thing has been sat in the dealers for 3 weeks (see pics below) and I was even ready to take the resale hit and collect it in early August, but they couldn't value my 05/55! :angry:

All we need now is somebody posting to this thread "well, if you got BMW/Audi/Porsche (delete as appropriate) service you would be paying (...) prices"

Personally, I blame the cheese eating, surrender monkeys over at Renault. ;)

I worked for a Peugeot dealership for 8 years - before starting my own dealership - and the first we knew about a new model was when the transporter turned up.

Like someone else mentioned, we learned more from Auto Express etc than from Peugeot themselves. I don't remember getting ANY product based training from Peugeot, it was up to me as a Salesman to learn about the car by sitting in it, reading the brochure and taking it for a drive.