Question on age of buyers?

phoenix

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think from my personal experience of this forum, the age range is expansive. I have seen a lot of younger members buying them now though as the imports especially are coming down into the more affordable range but I would say that insurance premiums would still be crippling for most under 25's.

40 years old, that's young!

I'd imagine there will be a younger element buying 350s as second hand prices come down, but to be honest most youngsters I would say would prefer hot hatches, scoobies and evos.... I did at that age.... although I also prefered pubs, clubs and loose women but thats another story. :teeth:

How would a 40 year old look driving a Z?

er, I beg your pardon? You obviously know a lot of very wrinkly 40 year olds! I am 40 next year and share my year of birth with Kylie - do you think she would look like an old wrinkly in a Z? Well, if she could see over the steering wheel anyway!

(can you tell you touched a nerve?) :blush:

hmmmm 48 tomorrow - am I the oldest ? :blush::blush:

I wouldnt worry about it if you are mate, you sound alot younger and the 350z knock 10 years of your life so really you are 38

:thumbs: Its true there have been many calculous studies by Britains top scientist on it ;)

Sorry Nixy it seems this doesnt have the same effect on you :lol::flowers: (just kidding lol)

hmmmm 48 tomorrow - am I the oldest ? :blush::blush:

I wouldnt worry about it if you are mate, you sound alot younger and the 350z knock 10 years of your life so really you are 38

:thumbs: Its true there have been many calculous studies by Britains top scientist on it ;)

Sorry Nixy it seems this doesnt have the same effect on you :lol::flowers: (just kidding lol)

Ta, actually doesn't worry me a bit , I am having the time of my life and it just keeps on getting better :thumbs::thumbs:

As the others have said, the age range is expansive. I'd say from late teens onwards. I dont think the Zed (or its insurance) is down to a level yet where many teens can afford one, not least without mummy or daddys help! At the Zed meets I have been to I was certainly one (if not the) youngest at 24. Which is good as it means theres no little boy racers getting them in this country yet :thumbs:

What age groups does the 350z attract and what age group buys? Just wondered if the young are starting to buy second hand 350z's and what kind of image the car gives these days? How would a 40 year old look driving a Z?

We know the Z gives one of the best drives, £ 4 £, and if you enjoy driving rather than getting from A to B, I can assure you that even at the ripe old age of 59 that you still want a great drive before the next wheels - :wheelchair: becomes necessary (or worse still a Micra!!) :teeth:

When I joined the Supra club about ten years ago the members with Mk4 Supras were all heading for their 50's, barring a couple of well heeled exceptions, and the younger ones were still driving Mk3s. This was because the Supra was heading for 50 grand new in the mid 90's and the younger ones just couldn't afford one, or insure one.

As time went by and the values dropped more and more younger members moved to Mk4s and the Mk3 rapidly headed for banger status. At this point a lot of members left the forum because they could not get on with each other !!!

The same will happen with the Z, although being a bit of a bargain there are many younger people on this forum with one, although probably on finance and not paid for. There also seem to be a lot of people on here earning more than the natonal average which is interesting.

I must admit the age of some of our customers often surprises me. For example, the lad that bought my Monaro VXR a few weeks back can't have been more than 25 years old. When I was 25 I couldn't dream of spending 25 grand on a car - I would have maybe spent that much on my first house !!! Let alone getting a 6.0 litre sports car insured ! I was driving 3 litre Capris and V8 Rovers around the place and generally making a nuisance of myself :)

All you young whippersnappers! Mine was bought two years ago and, working backwards, I was then at the magic 60.

Off to the 'ring in October (for the second time) to celebrate my upcoming 63rd. Need to get a few more laps notched!

I'm sure there's someone around older than me too!

All you young whippersnappers! Mine was bought two years ago and, working backwards, I was then at the magic 60.

Off to the 'ring in October (for the second time) to celebrate my upcoming 63rd. Need to get a few more laps notched!

Yeah, someone's dad IIRC.

You my friend are a LEGEND :notworthy:

i think the ages are as some of you said becoming more of a range now, Im 26 got my First Z at 25, my Brother is 33 and got his recently. I think its a car that is appreciated over all ages.

perhaps the reason for why there is an increasing number of younger owners is down to the price being made somewhat affordable to some.

However in contrast if we were to do the average age of Z owners in the States i think it will be quite the contrast :scare:

Bought my Zed at 25 and bought it from a guy in his mid thirties and have seen plenty of couples and older people driving them. I don't think it matters, as others have said on here. If you like a great value, hugely capable, grin inducing car, buy one. :thumbs: