New brakes, these any good?

-Bradders-

Woo! lol need new brakes all round, previous owner said theres a few thousand miles left in them... currently metal on metal. :/

Either:

1) Previous owner was an idiot

2) You brake more often/harder than the previous owner...

After looking at the clutch situation, I think I know which option to believe... Good luck bradders, at least there isn't much left to do now!

• Like 1

Bet there is.. start clonking really bad over every little bump, when we had the car in the air, mike said my bananas are fubar, i was like you what? lol.. also previous owner said clutch had at least 10k miles in it :lol:!

I'm looking at discs and brakes at the moment. I had a further look on ebay and noticed that you can buy the front and rear sets separately for under £240.

The grooves on the discs look slightly different. I can't notice any other difference, maybe they are an older model ?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mintbitz/Nissan-/_i.html?_nkw=nissan+350z&submit=Search&_fsub=1644597013&_sid=296354333

No problem, I just called them and they said you can order dimpled and grooved instead of drilled and grooved if you want, it is the same price. You just state it in an e-mail to them along with your car details

Its worth noting that while these will be fine for normal road use they won't take a lot of abuse, the groves and dimples are only there for aesthetics as these are based on OEM spec blanks.

We can supply the Pagid OEM replacement discs for £230 for the front and rear and the aftermarket Brembo pads for £70.

If it was a performance upgarde you were looking for then the DBA T2 is a good option with pads from Ferodo or Hawk. :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84325-introducing-the-new-dba-t2-disc-for-350z-199-per-pair/

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just to bump this i really need brakes now, i'll get a pic of the discs when their off the pad has gone through to the vented area on the inside of the discs!!!

Just a quick one will the diameters:

324MM DIAMETER x 30MM THICK x 49MM HEIGHT

Fit my GT brembos??

Thanks.

Just to bump this i really need brakes now, i'll get a pic of the discs when their off the pad has gone through to the vented area on the inside of the discs!!!

Just a quick one will the diameters:

324MM DIAMETER x 30MM THICK x 49MM HEIGHT

Fit my GT brembos??

Thanks.

Yeah thats the size you need.

Why haven't you gotten the ones you linked in the OT?

Sorry to come in with this one, the Mtech discs wont do any better than OEM and will wear quicker...

The Mintex pads on offer are standard pads and you wont like them, there the lowest of the range and just have the name... Serious, brake fade will kick in quick if going for it...

If going for Mintex pads try he 1155's or 1166's, know you'v bought already but I would trust Ewen at Clarks to point you towards the right thing for your application...

Cheers

Meh, already bought and started fitting lol, oem where fine for me, i dont use the car for track its just a weekend transport, dont drive hard at all. i wanted OEM replacement really but just a bit fancy looking with the dimpled and grooved disc.

thread can be closed now.

Thanks.