Fuel range question

Dean_1983

Firstly I'm sorry if this has been asked

I was looking for some help with a rough idea on my fuel range , I seen somewhere that the fuel needle can be out on some cars so I took some pics today on my read out ... Hoping someone can help

This is how many miles I've done from a full tank

9ehevy9u.jpg

This is what it's saying I have left ( I know this can be driving style dependant )

y5y5yru8.jpg

And this is what my fuel gage shows

7y6e4a4a.jpg

Many thanks for any help , also wondered how low is safe to leave it before filling up ?

I've never let the light come on , but how many miles would it have in the tank after the light comes on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all completely dependant on your driving....

That 115 Miles, I could easily turn that into 150-200miles....the same as I could easily turn it into 50-80miles.

You have about 30-50miles when the lights on dependant on your driving style.

• Like 1

hen the light comes on the trip computer will say about 35-40 miles, when it reads "-- --" you'll have another few miles to get to a pump, so plenty of time.

Like Arran, when my light comes on and I brim it, I get about 60 odd liters in, but thats because my fuel sensor needs a bit of a clean to read more accurately. When I brim it, the needle is just below the top line on the gauge and falls to half full rapidly, but it should really read just above the top line if the sensor is reading correctly.

I usually fill up about 250 miles this is generally 50 odd litres so always leaves plenty to go looking for "super" unleaded, I never want to risk running on fumes and having to put regular in. Generally I find the dte reading fluctuates like mad - when I set off this morning said I had 180 miles 40 odd miles to Leicester meet and still showed 170 miles fuel left but on the way back this dropped to 70 miles left then I filled up.

As Grundy said it's all about driving style.

Where abouts is the sensor? Could be worth giving it a clean maybe, although I think there is actually that much fuel in reserve

It's behind the seats. I'm not 100% if there is one on each side, but one is behind the sub, so all that has to come out. I'll find the guide.

unfortunately, fuel gauge and thus dte are often crappy.... unlike however, the miles done and the average mpg, assuming you reset it when you fill up. then its quite easy to work out what your range is with an 80 litre tank.

i completely ignore the dte flashing '----' at me and the fuel gauge reading way below empty and the fuel light on... if i filled up when that happened i only get 57 litres in. instead i rely on mpg and miles travelled to know when to actually fill up, and using those i can normally predict to within a couple of litres how much fuel will go in. its worked for me just fine for the last year or so of driving.