Differentials LSD ATB Cusco Kaaz Wavetrac OS Giken

One of the biggest improvements to a 350Z if driven hard or controlling an upgraded car is changing the rear diff for an uprated version. Putting the power down effectively is a big bonus!

75e47f62-3ac2-460d-9fce-b965f772de32_zpsd727d248.jpg

First option is plated type diff (LSD) this is typically used more on circuit or drift in either 1.5 or 2 way.

We supply brands- Cusco Tomei Kaaz and OS Giken.

Second option are the Torque Biasing Differential (ATB) these are more suited to road cars or if you are wanting to control the power a lot more progressively. ATB diffs are Helical LDS that are gear driven. We supply Wavetrac for the ATB diffs

We are always to hand should you need any advice with anything powertrain related question or advice :)

• Like 1

I can't recommend an LSD enough! Transforms the car no end especially if you have FI power to boot! I can almost put power down fully even before apex on most corners! Going round tight corners has never been so much fun! So much grip.

I suffered with understeer as the rear was so grippy and was pushing the car so much especially in the wet but cure this completely by increasing my front axle track with wheel spacers. Playing with damper settings, ride height and ARB made only little difference.

I currently running in 2 way configuration at 60% lock. It's just perfect.

Also has issue with noise but after switching from synthetic to mineral oil it's very quiet. You wouldn't know there's a clutch type diff except for the crabbing on slow tight turns like parking but its silent.

The Quaife is ok but compromised for aggressive driving like on trackdays.

Their selling point is lifetime warranty but its a moot point as the clutch type diff last a longtime before requiring plates change and it's not that expensive and its a DIY if you are up for it.

My diff had ran about 3k miles running at 100% lock before I reconfigured it to 60% lock and there was not a single trace of wear.

Cusco, kaaz gets my vote all day long.

• Like 1

I can't recommend an LSD enough! Transforms the car no end especially if you have FI power to boot! I can almost put power down fully even before apex on most corners! Going round tight corners has never been so much fun! So much grip.

I suffered with understeer as the rear was so grippy and was pushing the car so much especially in the wet but cure this completely by increasing my front axle track with wheel spacers. Playing with damper settings, ride height and ARB made only little difference.

Also has issue with noise but after switching from synthetic to mineral oil it's very quiet. You wouldn't know there's a clutch type diff except for the crabbing on slow tight turns like parking but its silent.

Their selling point is lifetime warranty but its a moot point as the clutch type diff last a longtime before requiring plates change and it's not that expensive and its a DIY if you are up for it.

My diff had ran about 3k miles running at 100% lock before I reconfigured it to 60% lock and there was not a single trace of wear.

What sort of cost did your KAZZ set up cost mate? I mean more along the lines of install and set up etc. I feel I would have no problem removing the VLSD but just setting up the crown wheel and king pin back lash puts me off :( I know it needs shimming but not much else.

What sort of cost did your KAZZ set up cost mate? I mean more along the lines of install and set up etc. I feel I would have no problem removing the VLSD but just setting up the crown wheel and king pin back lash puts me off :( I know it needs shimming but not much else.

Tried to send you pm but your box maybe full. Pm me your number and should be able to give you some pointers. Otherwise Mark @ abbey should be able to sort you out.

Edited by GT4 Zed

**Just an update on prices, ok for the Kaaz 2 way plated LSD complete kit ready to build including Kaaz LSD oil we can do for just £699 Delivered. This price is from today's current exchange rate and we can honor for the next 2 weeks...any longer than this period we would need to recalculate at the exchange at the time**

The Super-Q diff is now available from Kaaz. It features Minimal mechanical noise as the plates are engaged from the New designed WPC friction plates making the Kaaz diff more street user friendly over the Standard Kaaz kit. We can offer this currently for a fixed 2 week time period at £750inc vat and shipping (after this two week period exchange rates will need to be recalculated) Delivery time is a little longer taking one week to be manufactured overall delivery time is 2-3 weeks.

For more information please ask.

Rich

• 3 months later...

Fresh stock in from Japan-

dd8abe90-573a-4da2-9141-2bf3b8f3b7ac_zps5386e639.jpg

We have just had some fresh deliveries of Kaaz, Cusco and OS Giken Nismo arrive from Japan.... needing tuning parts? Give us a shout!

Also we specialize in transmission parts such as clutch/flywheels Diffs and Gearboxes from Synchro to Dog gear to full sequential ;)

• Like 1

Just to keep everyone in the loop it is looking highly likely we are going to run a group buy on diffs.

See the group buy thread.....

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90743-group-buy-ideas-350z-and-370z/

Post here if you are interested in being part of this to get a great deal on either ATB or LSD type diffs.