Help fitting my GT wing? Ideas??

djtimo

Need some ideas on which way to go with this?

I have made a start with fitting the GT wing but have a few options I need to look at to get it fitted. Option one is have some spacers made to fit the curve of the boot lid, option two is to have full new legs made, option 3 is have the legs bent slightly to allow the mounts to sit right?

What do you guys think?

Few pics...

xdv6ds.jpg

33vp5zb.jpg

avmtrr.jpg

See what I mean?

wv7oz6.jpg

Any other ideas very welcome :)

Option one will be the easiest bud.

Obviously mine was closer forward, as I don't remember mine being that much of a gap between the boot and the feet.

IMG_1539_zps3ce2d068.jpg

Sillicon is your cheapest and easiest option ;)

As it seem's to be the order of the day, get some 3D printed nylon blocks made up to go under the legs to fit flush with the boot :)

Shouldn't be too hard, use something like clay to make a model, round the boot and spoiler legs, get it scanned in and replicated in nylon, sell copies to stevoD and Grundy :D

New legs would be my shout. Most awkward, but most safe.

How strong is the boot at that point? Will it need bracing below?

Lets just say you need to becareful when bolting to the boot, do to the boot material, it's easy to dent.

But on a brighter note, my boot is coming off before the wing!

New legs would be my shout. Most awkward, but most safe.

How strong is the boot at that point? Will it need bracing below?

There's a lot of metal underneath there, my thought would be drilling through it all, mine is the same distance back, just with the legs further in towards the middle and it was pretty hard to go through all of the oem bracing, which is more common as you go further in.

• Like 1

Are the legs on the correct sides? I noticed on the sunset the megan racing sign is on the outside. Not sure if this makes a difference?

On the inside and out :)

Ahh aw well I'm of no help :lol:

New legs would be the best bet but a hassle as need to make patterns for them in wood for the machine shop to copy. I may look at nylon or alu curved spacers to match the boot lid and then have some extensions made to get the wing a few inches higher with some more adjustment,

If it was mine, id send the boot lid and the wing to Atlas bending (my preferred choice at work) and get them to kink the legs from about 2" from the bottom face, bent to suit the profile of the boot lid. Id then consider a neoprene insert to go between the boot lid and the bottom of the leg to close the gap and spread the load evenly. The most obvious advice id give is call the manufacturer and ask them, but you know that's like stopping and asking for directions..

• Like 1