Muttley's home!

WoREoD

Just picked up my Z from the service agents complete with new, bare engine, flywheel and clutch thrust bearing. All looks tickety-boo and ship-shape(!). :D

Thanks to all for the responses, suggestions, tips and good wishes. It helped tremendously. :thumbs:

Now to run it in (again!)...

JohnK

p.s. With a new engine at 40,000 miles, has it just increased in value? :?:

Im not sure it will help resale value as you will have to say it went swimming so may put people off, but hey, who cares, muttley is back

I think its a case as was with that VXR in that unless directly asked he wont (legally) have to say anything. Obviously I dont condone witholding something like that from a presepective buyer as it was all repaired properly and shouldnt really effect it :thumbs:

Which brings me onto another interesting point, do you now have a new engine warrenty as its a new unit?

I'm getting the paperwork to show exactly what was replaced. Yes, the new engine is warrantied but I'm not sure for how long - may be only 12 months and the car has longer than that left anyway. Still its all Nissan GB work/supply so there's only one place to shout at (if neccessary - cant complain about what they've done so far).

Regarding the value of the new engine - Its interesting - Louis is probably right, private owners might be put off, however, two traders I've spoken to almost tried to pull my arm off! They seem to think it would significantly help shifting it...

Cheers all!