350z vs Boxster S

SunGodRA

you guys all have a good point see a guy drivin a noble and you no he's on the way to or from a trackday or out for a blast.

..oxsters are just show cars 90 % of the time quite fast but really could you see yourself in one or a cayman for the money no way i would rather take a noble and have it up with the big boys sarni watch out they are the giant slayers on track there will be no getting away power to weight they are sick.

so for the zed it will all boil down to the driver,they are great all rounders they both take to differant surfaces well and with a fcon etc the zed will have same top end.

lets just get it on boxsters vs zeds will be a great day! :thumbs:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but will all be done to driver ability.

With same driver I would say porker would have it but not by a lot, if it was not the S then the Z would have it.

Been up against a Cayman S and M3 CSL and both had no problems leave me in dust.

(But I cannot really drive for toffee.)

Agree with Steve_b.

The S is a more delicate tool and I think easier to drive fast (IMHO) but you will be having more fun in the Zed as well as being more satisfying when you get it right. The S leaves me a little cold; it lacks passion and drama.

Same driver > the S would shave it.

Enthusiast in a Z vs. Typical owner in S? Do you need to ask?

Sad but simple fact here guys. On the same track driven by the same driver a boxster s was 3 seconds faster. Lighter better balanced and even nissan used one as a comparable for the original Z . The 2009 zed is currently being tested against a Cayman S. Says alot really.

Admit that on a track a porker may have the edge but I still say that I have wiped out every cayman and boxter I have encountered. I have not played chicken with them so its probably down to the fact that they probably dont know how to drive their cars and buy them for the name .

Sad but simple fact here guys. On the same track driven by the same driver a boxster s was 3 seconds faster. Lighter better balanced and even nissan used one as a comparable for the original Z . The 2009 zed is currently being tested against a Cayman S. Says alot really.
Ever since Nissan went into racing, it's almost always been Nissan v. Porsche, and for about 15 years Nissan pretty much dominated. Porsche was happy to see Nissan depart the scene. Almost as soon as Nissan ribbed Porsche with the "Porsches to pass" zinger, Porsche started paying more attention to performance. When the 350 hit the market it dominated the average Porsche of the day including the Boxster which at the time was S-L-O-W, and suddenly Porsche responded with much improved machines. So it's been a good thing for Porsche owners and Porsches now have some competition in the class. As long as Nissan continues to hang in the market, I think both manufacturers will be fighting a see-saw battle to be king of the mountain, and we, the drivers, all end up winners! Just look at the NISMO 350--it has a ton of race car features, most you can't even see until you crawl under and look at the bottom side. Its pony power and torque isn't too shabby either! :thumbs:

The challenge is on - gonna book a track day - will try and get some video footage and put on here - will let you know when and where if anyone wants to come and watch!

Let me save you the hastle. Nurburgring, Driver Horst Van Saurma (Sport Auto Mag) zed. 8.26 boxster s 8.23

The challenge is on - gonna book a track day - will try and get some video footage and put on here - will let you know when and where if anyone wants to come and watch!

Let me save you the hastle. Nurburgring, Driver Horst Van Saurma (Sport Auto Mag) zed. 8.26 boxster s 8.23

But this thread is about the two cars with two DIFFERENT drivers ;)

Hi guys - well it's Friday afternoon and everyone in the office is bored and we are once again talking about cars! One of the guys here has a Porsche Boxster S and thinks he could take my 350z on a track - before I book a track for a morning and possibly suffer a humiliation - what do you think??

in the words of the most revered car journo EVER .

Mr Clarkson once said,

Illustrating the lack of power of a Boxster - 'It couldn't pull a greased

stick out of a pig's bottom'

But he likes the 350Z... so that's it, end of debate... the porker, sucks :p

oh was it? whats the point in that? surey then its down to the balls (or interest of the other driver?)

"I outran this fella........" doesnt prove anything to me as he might not be interested in such childish games on the public highway, might not have the ability or might not have seen the boy racer trying to race you.

If the gap between the two cars is 2 seconds with the same driver at the ring, then thats less than a nats chuff. Given the above, this really should be about driver on the day rather than the car.

Ive got a couple of bags of sharp sand left over from this weekends DIY, you are welcome to them if you want to try and sneak them in his luggage area while he isnt looking.

Guest prescience
If the gap between the two cars is 2 seconds with the same driver at the ring, then thats less than a nats chuff. Given the above, this really should be about driver on the day rather than the car.

3 second gap - but you are correct, it's nothing. In percentage terms it is equivalent to the difference between pole position and 5th position at Silverstone F1GP this year (0.477s) :)

Guest prescience
WHo cares?

PBS - common, ugly, common and well common

Zed - not as common, nicer sound, better lines, proper roof, you wont get called a gimp driving one

:teeth:

Agreed but there IS a difference between opinion and facts ;):lol:

Exactly - and I am confident I am a better driver (I'm going to look a right pratt now if I lose!)

Track day at Brands £199 each - £500 wager - new set of tyres after - could be an expensive day - but what the hell :boxing:

Sorry I didnt see this post when I last commented. You provide the Boxster S and I promise to run rings round you. ;)

WHo cares?

PBS - common, ugly, common and well common

Zed - not as common, nicer sound, better lines, proper roof, you wont get called a gimp driving one

:teeth:

Agreed but there IS a difference between opinion and facts ;):lol:

Exactly, or the world would be very boring.

Plus there are too many factors to take into consideration to even begin to work out what is faster as they are very close.