Wally

RickyZ

I was hoping if never have to make one of these threads :( this morning some Wally decided to change lanes without looking/indicating and drove into my zed. Damage isn't too bad but bad enough. Reported it to my insurance company but waiting for the outcome of blame. As it's a changing lane incident and there were no witnesses I'll have to rely on the other party being honest. Anyone got any good garages I can get a quite for repairs from? I'm based in Surrey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ouch! Did they stop? I Bloody hope so. Was it from the left or the right?
yeah they stopped and we exchanged details. Just depends on whether he decides to be honest as there were no witnesses. Fingers crossed

Good luck, I hope the other party admits fault but the tendancy is to be economic with the truth, hope you also took photos of the scene as these can help insurers apportion blame.
He seemed apologetic at the time but who knows what he'll say. I took photos but as it's not a clear cut rear ender it's all down to what he says.

I am currently getting a quote from TGM in Fleet who did a great job on my R33 a few months back, also chasing other bodyshop options in the Surrey area as well.
I can give them a try, I've always found TGM to be a little more pricy but their work is top notch. My honda buddy gets all his bits done there.

I know a guy who does reasonably priced paintwork. He's really good but I think if have to source a passenger rear quarter first. Do any traders stock them?

it always seems to happen on azures in that area of the bodywork, I think its the roughly the same as wassos and zhornos damage (bit less) hopefully yours can get pulled out a new rear quarter would require cutting and welding in a new one which is a pretty big job :scare:

Edited by jumping350

it always seems to happen on azures in that area of the bodywork, I think its the roughly the same as wassos and zhornos damage (bit less) hopefully yours can get pulled out a new rear quarter would require cutting and welding in a new one which is a pretty big job :scare:
yeah I remember wassos one, mine was a lot less traumatic and the damage is no where near as bad. Didn't see zhornos one

Update: Other party accepted liability and I dropped the car in this morning for repairs. Just have to put up with the courtesy car for a few days now

• Like 1