Cadwell park 8th June

What a great little circuit, very challenging and some very quick cars on there. Being chased down my radicals, and flame spouting minis was rather epic.

I can see I will like it a lot. Unfortunately after a 450 mile round trip only got to do the morning session as the hose to the power steering decided to split. Engine bay needs a little detail lol.

Should all be back up and running in 2 weeks for rockingham.

Some lovely cars there, will post up some videos later.

Thanks again ken and family for the lovely lunch spread, you did us proud again.

yep we're going to have to return to cadwell I think - theres definitely unfinished business! Unfortunately we didn't even get a full morning session as there were 5 red flag periods for various people depositing themselves into the scenery! should be getting power steering fixed this week then we'll be all good for rockingham!

Sounds similar to my experiences there, apart from your car breaking down.

The first time I was there was for my first ever track day (talk about throwing myself in at the deep end!). There was a time attack scheduled in a week or two so there were a lot of seriously quick cars there.

My second time I went, there were quite a few red flags and the circuit was closed for an hour and a half just as I was going to go back on after lunch because an old golf smashed into the barrier. An astra had a smash which set it's airbags off, a kit car smashed into the barrier breaking its suspension and an Audi span and went head first into a barrier and those were only the ones I could see from the spectator areas!

Although brief, was nice to meet a few of you n say hello "during one of those morning red flags!" yesterday, sorry to here about your BMW woes. Maybe its a sign that you should get the window sticker in the 370 for the next one Will?!

Had a great day in my Zed yesterday. what a track Cadwell is, will definitely be returning there again as its definitely the most exciting n challenging circuit in the UK I've been on with so many blind apex's n crests all needing some full comittment to string a good lap together and get quicker n quicker through the day. Was just a shame my Bro (in the Vxr220) ended his (and everyone elses) final session with a red flag, a blown charge cooler and a £500 recovery bill back to Surrey......

Good luck for Rockingham and maybe I'll bump into you guys on events in the future

Martin

To many cars on track, more than i have seen on previous track day events.

I would not take the zed on cadwell either, as Will said, to many incidents.

Mind you, i did let Andrew loose with my daughter :scare:

Edited by Ken

Cheers guys

Yeah there was a few red flags in the morning which was very frustrating but on a circuit like that I think its safe to say thats gonna be the way it is. Shame you had your failure cos by the afternoon all the usual suspects who cause these red flags had all crashed, broken down or given up and there was plenty of space and you could have a whole session of clear lapping.

Be great to see some vids of the car, where will you be posting them Will? Does sound good from the inside, especially with some aggressive heel n toeing!! But I've never heard it from outside before.