Speakers - Focals or Hertz?

Grundy

Personally I really wouldn't spend that much on the rears and put the money towards a better amp. I ran 2 amps fine in the 350Z, my celica is struggling with the same setup though, either the battery or alternator is struggling.

How about sticking with Hertz and something like this...

http://www.caraudiod...mps/hertz-hcp-4

What would be the pro's in doing this idea?

Surly replacing all Bose speakers would be better than 2?

Sorry, just Amps is my weakness in knowledge when it comes to creating an audio setup

Horses for courses, looking at what you linked speakers very similar to what I had albeit older models, will sound fantastic. I would maybe go for a slightly better 4 way amp, no need to spend a fortune but I would be looking more around the £200 mark.

Lots of people say just do the fronts which is fine but I found doing the rears too made for a much fuller sound to my ears anyway. No problem running 2 amps on a Zed, mine was fine running a 4 way and a sub/amp in the boot :thumbs:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Personally I'd go for Focals as I've had them before and know how good they are. The Hertz should be fine too though. :D

Definitely need to up your amp budget though imo.

My old 4 channel Infinity amp that ran my Focal component set up was in the region of £500 odd ~ not saying you need to go that far but a £130 amp isn't going to be that good and I'd be tempted to go with something more like what un1eash suggested or up your budget to £200 as Dave said. ;)

Personally I'd go for Focals as I've had them before and know how good they are. The Hertz should be fine too though. :D

Definitely need to up your amp budget though imo.

My old 4 channel Infinity amp that ran my Focal component set up was in the region of £500 odd ~ not saying you need to go that far but a £130 amp isn't going to be that good and I'd be tempted to go with something more like what un1eash suggested or up your budget to £200 as Dave said. ;)

Don't worry already nagged him on PM ;)

No point powering £300+ worth of speakers with a £130 amp :p

• Like 2

Just hope he get's the right size for the speaker components. :lol:

Would be a pain if it didn't fit. :scare::D

Read up, already made that joke :p

Still funny mind :lol:

Doesn't hurt to hammer the point home. :lol:

Measure twice and cut once & all that. :D;)

My god :lol: Thaaaaaanks guys.

FYI - Just got back from taking the front wheel, bake disc and caliper off this evening.

Plan A - Nope

Plan B - Nope

Plan C - Fudge yeah it's going to work! :p So maybe in 3-4 weeks time, my wheels will be on ;)

• Like 1

I was going to say actually the amp is underpowered for your requirements. Underpowered amps will cause premature clipping and you won't be getting the best from them.

Double your amp budget as mentioned. There's some good amps out there nowadays.

I was going to say actually the amp is underpowered for your requirements. Underpowered amps will cause premature clipping and you won't be getting the best from them.

Okay, maybe a Hertz Amp it is :)

Okay, maybe a Hertz Amp it is :)

:yahoo:

Got to love peer pressure :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Think about buying used also. I paid £300 for my two JL amps, they were only a year old and would of cost £800-900 new. Got them from a guy who worked for car electronics Leicester who had them fitted in a 206 before buying a boxster.