How to park Madrid style

twobears

From the balcony of my third floor apartment I get a bird's eye view of the street below and I have congratulated myself many times on my decision to leave Mr Zed at home!

Parking takes about three minutes normally.

Step one - choose a space slightly, but not much, longer than your car.

Step two - sidle wonkily into space

Step three- inch forward until you touch the car in front

Step four - inch backward until you touch the car behind

Step five - lurch forward making sure you give the car in front a good jolt

Step six - lurch backwards, bounce off car behind until you have virtually attached your bumper to car in front

Step seven - check your mirror ... to make sure your hair hasn't come out of place due to your previous manoeuvres

Step eight - get out of car, check the whiteness of your teeth in your wing mirror and proceed to shops/bar/ optician. Delete as applicable.

• Like 1

From the balcony of my third floor apartment I get a bird's eye view of the street below and I have congratulated myself many times on my decision to leave Mr Zed at home!

Parking takes about three minutes normally.

Step one - choose a space slightly, but not much, longer than your car.

Step two - sidle wonkily into space

Step three- inch forward until you touch the car in front

Step four - inch backward until you touch the car behind

Step five - lurch forward making sure you give the car in front a good jolt

Step six - lurch backwards, bounce off car behind until you have virtually attached your bumper to car in front

Step seven - check your mirror ... to make sure your hair hasn't come out of place due to your previous manoeuvres

Step eight - get out of car, check the whiteness of your teeth in your wing mirror and proceed to shops/bar/ optician. Delete as applicable.

Mate I never leave my car alone for one second in Spain when I'm over but they are nothing compared to the Italians!

Every car is covered in dents,old guys pull up in the middle of the road,get out of their car with the engine running and go into a shop to buy a paper and the brake pedal is the horn!!

It's quite amazing as they do make the most beautiful cars!!