Stillen Supercharger

StevoD

Not seen NiCad post in a looooooooong time.

I like the stillen setup up uses a proper supercharger, god old roots style top mounted whiner. :thumbs:

Think it was designed more as a fit and forget kind of setup up no a fit and tweak for the rest of your life setup. They did at least 2 versions never got the gains that vortech get, but keeps more in keeping (so I hear) with the cars original keeping

If I was making a supercharged drift zed I'd probably go for the stillen as it gives you alot more mid range with it being a roots type. The only thing is the stock con rods can only take so much and mine is on the limit with 330 odd ft/lbs with the vortech. The DE engine is killed with the mid range torque as that's what bends the rods so if you went forged it could make a great power delivery for drifting. I'd also say to map it as the vortech can come in a fit and forget package but is set up for American cars and is also pretty pants

Anyone on here currently running one if so am i reading it right that no special mapping is needed due to how the kit is design it is 100% bolt on cant be right can it?

I certainly wouldn't be happy relying on just a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to control the extra fueling for boost, and letting the std ECU pull timing when it encounters det... which it certainly will.