GrunDy's front wheels issues....

Grundy

a4ygygu2.jpg

dyge5ygy.jpg

Okay, this was a long winded post, but I bloody closed the tab and cba to re-writie it :lol:

Anyway, surprised Buster, Mrs Buster, Keyser or Mrs Keyser didn't beat me to this thread.

Long story short - Yesterday Neil came round to help me transport wheels around (As it's a bugger fitting ANYTHING in a Zed) to get to the Zed shed.

We arrived, got the tyres no problem.

Buster then advised us to go to a place where he used to work to get the tyres put on as most garages are shut on a Saturday, and also not a lot of garages like putting 2nd hand tyres on a wheel that they have not supplied.

Anyway, we arrive and find out the manager was on holiday, and no one there would touch my wheels :(

Panic mode kicked in, @*!# where will I find a tyre place open on a saturday at 3pm to fit some tyres...

Luckily we drove around an industrial estate, found tyre land, and they did it with out any fuss! :teeth:

I was finally stress relieved, all problems gone, can go back and get my new shiny wheels on.

Went back to the Zed shed, jacked it up, wheels came off, Keyser picks up the new wheels....

Grundy, have you checked to see if these clear the Brembo's?

'Course I have Chris, it will be fine, don't worry! :teeth:'

So apparently they do not clear the brembos :lol:

We got a 25mm spacer of the wall and tried it with that, the wheel now clears the Brembos, however the wheel now sticks out at least 2inches from the Arch.

Chris was straight on the phone to Buster for suggestions, the only 2 comments we got were - They'd fit on Netti's car with JDM brakes, and then spent the next 30mins laughing, untill he arrived at the Zed shed to laugh some more.

All in all, there is no way the wheels are going on the car as it is at the moment.

There's a few options to solve this...

1. - Get different Wheels.

2. - Get different Front Wheels

3. - Down grade to JDM Brakes

4. - Add a @*!# load of stretch to the front tyre

5. - Super top secret method.

The only options I'm taking into consideration are 2 and 5.

I love these wheels too much to part with, so they are staying!

I'd be stupid to downgrade my brakes.

I'd be stupid to stretch my tyres :lol: well to the extent of making up for 2 inches.

I'd don't have any images of this situation as I was busy crying in the corner. But someone will be along to brighten your day!

But a big thanks to the Fam-a-lar yesterday for comforting me over the situation and helping me do this :)

Sorry to see this mate. One method maybe is to get 6 pot brakes, or something with a slimer profile to the standard Brembo's, or machine the Brembo's back to clear the wheels (if its only a slight mismatch) Im guessing you needed the 25mm spacers to clear the brakes, so a smaller spacer wouldnt work. You could also go Veilside wide arch......

Sorry to see this mate. One method maybe is to get 6 pot brakes, or something with a slimer profile to the standard Brembo's, or machine the Brembo's back to clear the wheels (if its only a slight mismatch) Im guessing you needed the 25mm spacers to clear the brakes, so a smaller spacer wouldnt work. You could also go Veilside wide arch......

Someone did mention that last night, but not sure how safe that is machining down the brembos :lol:

Someone did mention that last night, but not sure how safe that is machining down the brembos :lol:

wouldnt advise it my self

just get some coilovers ;)

Eeeekkkk not good dude. What is the smallest spacer you can get away with?

When Micheldever tyres were fitting my new wheels they would not fit on the front either over the brembos so and I had to scoot off to find some 5m spacers!

Well that sucks, how come Tarmac didn't know about it? This the first set in the UK?

yes well fitted to a uk zed

Ah okay, also how heavy are these compared to the Rays? I know they're a lot wider but just interested to know :)

Personally I'd scrap the idea, you're only going to spend more time and effort trying to get them to fit.

Find another wheel, it would be daft to downgrade brakes over a wheel.

Plenty of options out there :)

Its a big shame though and feel for you, all that excitement blown up into disappointment. Did you check they were going to fit before purchasing?

I've been battling a wobble on my rims for the past 4 months if not longer. Sick to death of it.

I've been battling a wobble on my rims for the past 4 months if not longer. Sick to death of it.

Have you checked your nuts :shrug:

Edited by ioneabee

Pretty sure Keyser has wide arches kit? Fit 25mm spacers, wider arches and off you go :)

Shh Vlads :ninja:

The fronts are 9.5J with +15et

The min spacer I could get away with is 23/24mm. But that makes the wheel 2inches out of the arch.

The research was done, however I didn't realise the states don't run Brembos.